• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

trakanon

Contributor
I recently decided to start an “in the life of” blog with the first subject focus being Navy OCS. If you want to check it out the link is here to one of my first posts on what I wish I packed for OCS. Any constructive criticism or suggestions on what you write about next are welcome.

Thanks for this marking this to my small list of USN blogs

Mike1432

Does anyone know if the commissioning officer, the person that reads you the oath, has to be Navy? One of my letters of rec was by a family friend in the Air Force and I just wanted to make sure that it would be kosher before I ask.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Does anyone know if the commissioning officer, the person that reads you the oath, has to be Navy? One of my letters of rec was by a family friend in the Air Force and I just wanted to make sure that it would be kosher before I ask.
No. A buddy of mine was sworn in by an Army major.

JimIII

Did the uniform for summer graduation change from the choker whites to the summer whites? The videos of OCS graduations for the past few months (since COVID) on YouTube show summer whites being used instead of choker whites.

virginia26morr

Question about Appendix B: The OCR my recruiter gave me last week didn't have the songs (anthem, anchor's aweigh, etc.) on it. Have they been removed from required knowledge? Can someone who's recently gone through give me some guidance?