• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Hoff_11

does anyone have the quotas for OCS particularly in regards to supply? Looking to see the fiscal year numbers and how many they are taking.

jgarza

teapot

teapot
I'm not sure about the numbers today, but the OP monthly released in April has a breakdown of the FY21 quotas https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Caree...aff-RL/Supply-Corps-Officer/Career-Counselor/

I know that the March board had a 53% acceptance rate and the last board (June) had a 38% acceptance rate.
Thanks for this link! Reading through it, it says that they are looking to get more officers in supply via OCS etc. Would this possibly mean higher acceptance rates at future boards?

Avogadros Number

Hello all! Enlisted with 12 years TIS. Leaving for OCS soon. Been in the CEC Collegiate Program for about 2 years now, graduated college in May.

Dumb question 1: Navy medical will not let me hand carry my records to OCS. They said DHA changed their rules a few months ago, and unless I'm going overseas or to a ship, no hand carry. I explained politely until I went blue in the face that the OCS site say's I need them in hand, they didn't care. Is it mandatory that I have my medical records in hand upon arrival, or will them being sent to OCS medical from current duty station medical be okay?

Dumb question(s) 2: I have a cyst on my wrist, that causes pretty bad pain when it's bent and loaded (AKA in standard push up position). Will I be allowed/able to get away with doing pushups on my fists? If not, Navy occupational therapy has given me a tiny little strap thing to wear during standard pushups that significantly helps the pain and combats the inflation that occurs afterwards. Will I be allowed to wear that little brace/strap since it's from Navy medical? If not, am I allowed to take Ibuprofen to combat inflammation at least?

Dumb Question(s) 3: This feels like the dumbest question, brace yourself for an "overthought by a goof" head scratcher. How does the actual check in process go, in regards to our suitcase/belongings? I'm picturing a boot camp like day one scenario, but with a suitcase, and I can't wrap my brain around how that would work. Do we get a room pretty quickly and put our suitcase in it? Or do we lug it around during all the initial steps? I'm packing light, just the stuff on the list, so one small suitcase. I'm also bringing my car so all the extra bags for later uniform acquisitions and assorted "contraband" will have a safe space until needed.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Hello all! Enlisted with 12 years TIS. Leaving for OCS soon. Been in the CEC Collegiate Program for about 2 years now, graduated college in May.

Dumb question 1: Navy medical will not let me hand carry my records to OCS. They said DHA changed their rules a few months ago, and unless I'm going overseas or to a ship, no hand carry. I explained politely until I went blue in the face that the OCS site say's I need them in hand, they didn't care. Is it mandatory that I have my medical records in hand upon arrival, or will them being sent to OCS medical from current duty station medical be okay?

Dumb question(s) 2: I have a cyst on my wrist, that causes pretty bad pain when it's bent and loaded (AKA in standard push up position). Will I be allowed/able to get away with doing pushups on my fists? If not, Navy occupational therapy has given me a tiny little strap thing to wear during standard pushups that significantly helps the pain and combats the inflation that occurs afterwards. Will I be allowed to wear that little brace/strap since it's from Navy medical? If not, am I allowed to take Ibuprofen to combat inflammation at least?

Dumb Question(s) 3: This feels like the dumbest question, brace yourself for an "overthought by a goof" head scratcher. How does the actual check in process go, in regards to our suitcase/belongings? I'm picturing a boot camp like day one scenario, but with a suitcase, and I can't wrap my brain around how that would work. Do we get a room pretty quickly and put our suitcase in it? Or do we lug it around during all the initial steps? I'm packing light, just the stuff on the list, so one small suitcase. I'm also bringing my car so all the extra bags for later uniform acquisitions and assorted "contraband" will have a safe space until needed.

Which class are you in? I'm also enlisted in the MC and called the CDO a few weeks ago. As long as you have the disk, you will be fine. The civilian told me it happens all the time. If you are in the 5 Sept class, we have a group me set up.

Avogadros Number

Which class are you in? I'm also enlisted in the MC and called the CDO a few weeks ago. As long as you have the disk, you will be fine. The civilian told me it happens all the time. If you are in the 5 Sept class, we have a group me set up.

15 August, but still no in-hand orders. My recruiting office say's "You're for sure going that day, don't worry!".....But 8 days out and still no orders. In their computer system my class date is confirmed, but numerous things have been a cluster while in this collegiate program, so I am just going with the flow until something changes.

Edit: Thank you! They didn't provide me with a disk. I'll swing by base monday and try to get one, after trying to just get the physcial records once again of course.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
15 August, but still no in-hand orders. My recruiting office say's "You're for sure going that day, don't worry!".....But 8 days out and still no orders. In their computer system my class date is confirmed, but numerous things have been a cluster while in this collegiate program, so I am just going with the flow until something changes.

Edit: Thank you! They didn't provide me with a disk. I'll swing by base monday and try to get one, after trying to just get the physcial records once again of course.
I'm gonna PM you

Astro_Rekt

I'm over a year out of OCS so this might not be the most up-to-date but as a civilian entering through OCS:

1. Didn't bring physical records; those were sent in via my recruiter digitally. You'll have a packet of papers to carry with you but medical was not included.
  2. Sounds like something you'd get a chit for the first week, if they cared. You won't be pushed that first week, it's all learning the ropes, so you'll have time to meet with the medical team on base before you'll be sharked for having a brace or something. And while you can't take medications like those on your own, if the docs give them to you, it's fine.
  3. They're going to take your bags from you as soon as you show up and put them in your assigned room, so you won't worry about it until you're dropped off at the end of the day to get everything sorted.

USNQuick

Few questions I am hoping that I can get answered here:

Has anyone requested to drive to OCS recently and have you been told if they will reimburse you? I am in the 17OCT class.

Also, if you are on leave will they reimburse you for the drive from RI from where you are on leave at? Or your duty station?

If you currently have a lease and are receiving BAH (Single E-5), will you continue to receive BAH while at OCS?

Tracker95

Question for those who have graduated OCS: Candio aviation candidates are not getting orders, all other designators have orders, the list for those cleared for commissioning came out and aviation candidates were not on it. Any info on this will be helpful, Thanks

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Question for those who have graduated OCS: Candio aviation candidates are not getting orders, all other designators have orders, the list for those cleared for commissioning came out and aviation candidates were not on it. Any info on this will be helpful, Thanks
Most of the aviation candidates (around 90%) are going to student pool after graduation. The aviation candidates are bogged down by the medical system here at Newport. I'm not sure which list for commissioning you're referring to but if they're at OCS ready to graduate soon, that sounds correct, most of them will probably be going to student pool.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Most of the aviation candidates (around 90%) are going to student pool after graduation. The aviation candidates are bogged down by the medical system here at Newport. I'm not sure which list for commissioning you're referring to but if they're at OCS ready to graduate soon, that sounds correct, most of them will probably be going to student pool.
Welcome back! Bogged down, do you mean they are DQ'd for something? Kinda like the NAMI WHAMMY?