• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Connorwms

If interested, I recently started a segment covering all three phases of OCS: Indoc, JOC/SOC, and CandiO. I just finished the second one, Phases of OCS: Officer Candidate, and plan to write the final one on CandiO soon.

If you have any specific questions you want covered in upcoming posts or added to previous posts just let me know!

Why are you making this? Your Navy portrait is blurred, so you’re not going to get credit for it. Are you trying to make money by making this blog thing? Or is your photo blurred because you know the Navy would tell you remove it?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Why are you making this? Your Navy portrait is blurred, so you’re not going to get credit for it. Are you trying to make money by making this blog thing? Or is your photo blurred because you know the Navy would tell you remove it?
Blurring his picture and not identifying himself is probably the smartest thing he did concerning his blog.

He is just setting himself for scrutiny from his chain of command and ridicule from his future squadron mates.

errantensign

Blurring his picture and not identifying himself is probably the smartest thing he did concerning his blog.

He is just setting himself for scrutiny from his chain of command and ridicule from his future squadron mates.

yep. I enjoy writing and am just trying to provide some humorous insight to different aspects of the Navy. Being anonymous allows me to focus on my career without potential negative repercussions. Although maintaining OPSEC and not using it to bash anyone/thing in particular is a priority as well.

Jake1021

Hey everyone. Never posted here before. Going to OCS in August. I've been working out a ton in prep but (I think) because of it, my wrists are killing me. Hurting to the point where I can barely do one pushup. Obviously rest is a good idea as well as exercises that don't strain the wrists as much. Been doing that for about a month now and things haven't gotten better. All that being said, I'm going to the Dr. on Tuesday because I don't have much time anymore. I'm curious if anyone here knows what the process is like for getting some sort of medical issue processed between getting in to OCS and OCS starting. Thanks.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Hey everyone. Never posted here before. Going to OCS in August. I've been working out a ton in prep but (I think) because of it, my wrists are killing me. Hurting to the point where I can barely do one pushup. Obviously rest is a good idea as well as exercises that don't strain the wrists as much. Been doing that for about a month now and things haven't gotten better. All that being said, I'm going to the Dr. on Tuesday because I don't have much time anymore. I'm curious if anyone here knows what the process is like for getting some sort of medical issue processed between getting in to OCS and OCS starting. Thanks.
I'll be in your class. We have a call tonight if you aren't already in the groupme, we can get you added. I'm not sure about the answer to your question unfortunately.

almond_615

yep. I enjoy writing and am just trying to provide some humorous insight to different aspects of the Navy. Being anonymous allows me to focus on my career without potential negative repercussions. Although maintaining OPSEC and not using it to bash anyone/thing in particular is a priority as well.

No one wants to show up to their command and they already have a reputation from the internet.

almond_615

Depends on what happened to your wrist. At the very least get it into a split and get to the doctor ASAP.