• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Hoff_11

Supply Board August
Results October
Command asked when to depart, I requested March
Congrats letter December with class date
Orders EOM February
PCS 1Mar as last day at command
Report NLT 14Mar Rom at OCS
Awesome, thanks for the info. Did you not take 30 days of transfer leave?

Baltimoron12

Helo Determined
Hey y'all, my shipping date is April 3rd for the 4/18 class start date. Anyone know if Navy accepts credit cards for the out-of-pocket expenses we'll need to make during the first week?

Meyerkord

pilot
Hey y'all, my shipping date is April 3rd for the 4/18 class start date. Anyone know if Navy accepts credit cards for the out-of-pocket expenses we'll need to make during the first week?
Consider the Military Star card too. They'll encourage you to get it when you get there. 10% off your first purchase, which for all your uniforms is about 3k so it'll save you hundreds of dollars.

Draconoth

Im just finishing Rom now and you will not be allowed out of your rooms except for pt for the first two weeks. Anything you need will have to be bought online and shipped to you for that time. After rom you will purchase things you need from the NEX but you will use NEX cards for any of your purchases, they discourage personal credit card usage until near graduation.

Good evening. Is there any public document that lists how many people are selected during each selection board and the quotas for each board? I'm just curious in knowing how many SNA and SNFO OCS applicants are selected each fiscal year in comparison to various designators within the LDO/CWO program. I would imagine a lot more for OCS. I've searched the MyNavyHR and CNRC website but I have had no luck.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Good evening. Is there any public document that lists how many people are selected during each selection board and the quotas for each board? I'm just curious in knowing how many SNA and SNFO OCS applicants are selected each fiscal year in comparison to various designators within the LDO/CWO program. I would imagine a lot more for OCS. I've searched the MyNavyHR and CNRC website but I have had no luck.

GENOFF and Official results. Not public, get chummy with someone AD lol

lankwa

Questions regarding AD accessions at OCS:
-How do the orders to OCS actually come? I have an expected class date around beginning of FY-22. Will I get funded TAD orders to Newport? Or will it actually be PCS orders?
-Will I continue to receive BAH while at OCS? I'm a single E-7 (no dependents), but I also have a mortgage.
-When will I arrange my HHG shipment? Prior to leaving for Newport? Or after Newport while awaiting a class-up date in Pensacola?
-Along the lines of the last question, when should I ship my vehicles? I have 2 cars--thinking about paying to ship one so I'll have a car in Newport, since that seems to be desirable from what I can gather from this forum. I'm stationed in Hawaii so shipping will be part of my plan no matter what amount of the trip I choose to drive, and then I would let the Navy ship the other one with my HHG.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Also wondering about all of these questions..

michael777

I have been waiting for a pro rec for a year now and passed MEPS. If I get a pro rec, but I go to a doctor and receive a diagnosis having already passed MEPS, will I receive paperwork asking me to report this before or at OCS? If so, what are the questions? I have not seen a doctor yet, but am looking for advice . Very stressed about the unknown here, any information helps. thanks

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
How many people don’t don’t have much swimming experience before going? I can swim and know a few basic strokes (frog, breath stroke) but I never have learned “proper” form. I think my main problem with be the 5 min water treading.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
How many people don’t don’t have much swimming experience before going? I can swim and know a few basic strokes (frog, breath stroke) but I never have learned “proper” form. I think my main problem with be the 5 min water treading.
Don’t worry about others. Just do your best. Not saying that as you will be fine. Just go 100%. If you don’t pass you will have swim lessons several times a week rather than PT.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Anyone know what options are available for leave after OCS for shipping/HHG? Will we be able to take leave and head home for the shipment process/transporting vehicles, or are we moving to the next place post-OCS pretty quickly? I'm trying to get an idea for logistics with transporting vehicle(s) for a 30hr drive to Pensacola.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know what options are available for leave after OCS for shipping/HHG? Will we be able to take leave and head home for the shipment process/transporting vehicles, or are we moving to the next place post-OCS pretty quickly? I'm trying to get an idea for logistics with transporting vehicle(s) for a 30hr drive to Pensacola.
Do you have your orders? All your report NLT dates should be there to plan for.