• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Do you have your orders? All your report NLT dates should be there to plan for.
Good point, I forgot about the report NLT dates on the orders. Currently I just have the orders to get me to ROM/OCS, so it would make sense to wait for the next set of orders to plan everything out with actual dates/information. Appreciate it!

zarevich

you never know though if your school starts right after OCS, not sure if anybody here knows your first school's schedule, that way you can plan accordingly. Your school might start right away or in 3-4 weeks.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
you never know though if your school starts right after OCS, not sure if anybody here knows your first school's schedule, that way you can plan accordingly. Your school might start right away or in 3-4 weeks.
I see, it will be the SNA pipeline at Pensacola, but wouldn't you need to report-in well before the school starts?

zarevich

That is something someone might know in this forum who just graduated from OCS recently enroute to Pensacola. Do you have to do another 2 week ROM after OCS? My guess is that you would have to report either 2 weeks prior to school starting like OCS with ROM, or before the school starts. I don't know about pilot pipeline, but that is my experience with any of the enlisted school I been through.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
That is something someone might know in this forum who just graduated from OCS recently enroute to Pensacola. Do you have to do another 2 week ROM after OCS? My guess is that you would have to report either 2 weeks prior to school starting like OCS with ROM, or before the school starts. I don't know about pilot pipeline, but that is my experience with any of the enlisted school I been through.
Gotcha. Similar boat for me, all of my experience is prior enlisted and pre-Covid era so it isn't getting me far lol.

zarevich

If you know your first school name or code, you maybe able to check the dates on CANTRAC or eNTRS to give you an idea atleast how much time you will have once you graduate OCS.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
If you know your first school name or code, you maybe able to check the dates on CANTRAC or eNTRS to give you an idea atleast how much time you will have once you graduate OCS.
Interesting, I'm a civilian now so I wouldn't have easy access to that and I would rather not trouble someone else's time for it honestly, not a big deal. I'll adjust with whatever comes my way at the end of OCS and enjoy the ride lol.

zarevich

Interesting, I'm a civilian now so I wouldn't have easy access to that and I would rather not trouble someone else's time for it honestly, not a big deal. I'll adjust with whatever comes my way at the end of OCS and enjoy the ride lol.
I can help you when I come back from my trip next week. I will PM you when I am back and we can go from there.

Meyerkord

pilot
There's no point in checking the class schedules because I promise you it'll change by the time you get there. You'll get an idea from your OCS class officers whether or not you'll get leave/OHARP before reporting to Pensacola. Even if you report there right away, you'll have plenty of down time before starting classes.

JimIII

On the Navy OCS website it says to bring medical paperwork. From looking around on this website then general consensus is to only bring the medical documents you brought to MEPS. I don't know if I still have the original medical documents themselves but will the scans of those medical documents that I brought to MEPS suffice?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
On the Navy OCS website it says to bring medical paperwork. From looking around on this website then general consensus is to only bring the medical documents you brought to MEPS. I don't know if I still have the original medical documents themselves but will the scans of those medical documents that I brought to MEPS suffice?
Double check with your recruiter. I think some of it will depend on what your OR is doing on their end. I.E. an OR can electronically send your documents so you don't have to carry them but that should be discussed with you. Make sure you and your OR on the same page with what you need to bring, don't rely on what people have said here as the experience and requirements change to accommodate a multitude of situations.

xcrunner18

So I contacted my recruiter about that. I know I have my immunization records but as for medical/dental records I had no clue what to do. When I completed medical for my pilot application, they gave me a copy of all the medical documents. She said that this was what they are referring to. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what I was told!