• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Draconoth

Does anyone know if they still do curl ups to pass the ift and subsequent tests or if theyve switched to planks yet? Navy website says switch occurs in march and my class date is March 8th so my class may even be the first to switch.

grze

Does anyone know if they still do curl ups to pass the ift and subsequent tests or if theyve switched to planks yet? Navy website says switch occurs in march and my class date is March 8th so my class may even be the first to switch.
Planks only. No more curlups

miss1ng

pilot
I start my ROM in late February and my recruiter just told me they no longer have holding classes dues to covid. Is this true or is my recruiter just using scare tactics.

Are you in the 07MAR class? As far as I know they still have H-classes if you're referring to getting held back and getting rolled to the next class.

They've been planks for a while now. The new PFT standards for planks are also up. 2:05 for a good low.

Draconoth

Are you in the 07MAR class? As far as I know they still have H-classes if you're referring to getting held back and getting rolled to the next class.

They've been planks for a while now. The new PFT standards for planks are also up. 2:05 for a good low.
Yup 07 Mar class, thanks so much for the help guys!

EugeneGreen

Question about prior service awards and conversion:
I have read that prior service should arrive to OCS with their previously acquired awards. I assume that most prior service in the USN would be prior-USN & USMC enlisted personnel, so they may not be in my specific situation. I know that many of my awards from the Army are not to be worn on the Navy uniform, however, I have also read that the Navy will convert them if the Navy has a similar award. If we are to arrive at OCS with our ribbon rack (for use during inspection & graduation), I am trying to determine which of my awards will be converted so that I can show up prepared.

I have found this website (US Navy Awards), but thus far it has yielded no valuable insight. SECNAVINST 1650.1H does not appear to cover this specific question, nor does, NAVPERS 15665I (Chapter 5).

Any information that you have regarding the following specific awards in question would be greatly appreciated (especially if you can source it):
  • Combat Infantryman Badge - I was told this converts to the Navy Combat Action Ribbon, can anyone confirm?
  • Expert Marksmanship Badge w/ Rifle Bar - I was told this converts to the Navy Expert Rifleman Ribbon w/ silver E, can anyone confirm?
  • Expert Marksmanship Badge w/ Pistol Bar - I was told this converts to the Navy Expert Pistol Ribbon w/ silver E, can anyone confirm?
  • Army Meritorious Unit Commendation - I was told this is transferred from the left side of the chest (if looking at the Service Member) to the right side of the chest (with the rest of the ribbon rack). I was also told that it retains it's golden frame. Can anyone confirm?
  • Air Assault Wings - I was told this does not transfer and cannot be worn on the Navy uniform. Can anyone confirm?

I'm prior Air Force and have some Army ribbons too, was wondering the same

Andrew_franny

Is there any material that we might be able to study prior to OCS? Additionally, what about any material prior to going to flight indoc?

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Know appendix B for sure. If you have time Charlie and Delta. I’d look up customs and courtesies. Otherwise militarization might be more difficult.

have you been selected yet?

Andrew_franny

Know appendix B for sure. If you have time Charlie and Delta. I’d look up customs and courtesies. Otherwise militarization might be more difficult.

have you been selected yet?
Not yet... I also understand it’s a long shot to get selected, so this post is in no way assuming I have the credentials. I guess I’m just looking for something else to do in the interim between now and then.

nr322

Hey all, this is a random question by i submitted my package for SNA and my recruiter keeps telling me I’ll hear back “late feb or early March”. Is there no like official date when the results are made?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey all, this is a random question by i submitted my package for SNA and my recruiter keeps telling me I’ll hear back “late feb or early March”. Is there no like official date when the results are made?
No, there's no set release date. Selections are made the day the board convenes but results are released later.

kyleerlich

Questions regarding AD accessions at OCS:
-How do the orders to OCS actually come? I have an expected class date around beginning of FY-22. Will I get funded TAD orders to Newport? Or will it actually be PCS orders?
-Will I continue to receive BAH while at OCS? I'm a single E-7 (no dependents), but I also have a mortgage.
-When will I arrange my HHG shipment? Prior to leaving for Newport? Or after Newport while awaiting a class-up date in Pensacola?
-Along the lines of the last question, when should I ship my vehicles? I have 2 cars--thinking about paying to ship one so I'll have a car in Newport, since that seems to be desirable from what I can gather from this forum. I'm stationed in Hawaii so shipping will be part of my plan no matter what amount of the trip I choose to drive, and then I would let the Navy ship the other one with my HHG.

Thank you in advance for the help!