• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Marcus_Aurelius

No problem. Oh man I can't remember anymore. I did quite a bit of searching before finding that lol.

You have no idea how many pages of documents I've read through trying to figure this out! lol

Thanks for the quick reference guide. I'll assume it's valid until proven otherwise.

Edit: Also, I will say it's quite weird that the Army Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development course ribbon is not authorized for wear. That was an entire month-long, immersive course!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
You have no idea how many pages of documents I've read through trying to figure this out! lol

Thanks for the quick reference guide. I'll assume it's valid until proven otherwise.

Edit: Also, I will say it's quite weird that the Army Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development course ribbon is not authorized for wear. That was an entire month-long, immersive course!
Yeah some weird stuff is authorized but some isn't like the AF long or short overseas ribbons. I did validate my few AF ribbons in the Navy regulation but can't speak to your Army stuff as I didnt look for that specifically, except for the AAM.

jazzyjazz

Greetings Fellow Airwarriors,
Can someone please share the list of all the specific exercises one should work on before entering OCS?

keizero11

Does anyone know if you had covid it’s auto disqualifying for the military? I already passed meps a year ago before the whole pandemic but i think i have to go for an evaluation at meps and not sure.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Does anyone know if you had covid it’s auto disqualifying for the military? I already passed meps a year ago before the whole pandemic but i think i have to go for an evaluation at meps and not sure.
I had heard rumors of this but never heard anything definitive. I also don’t really believe it because they let people who have tested positive for covid in ROM stay in quarantine and just wait until the next class. But I’m still not sure because if you get it there then they can monitor you and your symptoms. And from what I’ve heard you can get a really bad case of it and it can give you a chronic effect like coughing, shortness of breath and I’ve heard of possible heart issues from having covid. those might be considered grounds for separation?

miss1ng

pilot

I cant say for sure but I HIGHLY doubt it's disqualifying. That's equivalent to disqualifying someone for having had the flu in the past lol. What can disqualify you, however, is having lasting complications as a result of COVID or any other illness. That might include breathing problems, lung problems, etc. Not sure about loss of taste/smell.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Thank you @Marcus_Aurelius for looking up instructions, wish I could help you more but I'd trust @Ghost SWO 's doc unless someone comes in with something better.

As far as Covid goes, it wouldn't be a disqualifier, unless complications from it prevented you from passing things like a Pulmonary function test, etc.

miss1ng

pilot
I'm not sure if anyone here would know, but does the OCS Flight Physical do depth perception test? And if so, does anyone know which one?

Astro_Rekt

I don't remember having to do one, but I don't know if that was due to COVID. I can tell you at Pensacola you'll do the booklet at arms length with the glasses, so if you had to do one, it would probably be that.

miss1ng

pilot
I don't remember having to do one, but I don't know if that was due to COVID. I can tell you at Pensacola you'll do the booklet at arms length with the glasses, so if you had to do one, it would probably be that.

Thanks for the info. I do find it weird how the NAMI physical is supposed to be much more in depth yet they don’t do a depth perception test, but I guess I’ll see for sure once I get there.

Astro_Rekt

This might be because of COVID but the full NAMI physical is in Pensacola, and, for me, they did everything they didn't do in Newport. Some people had a more involved physical in Pensacola, but I don't know what warranted that.

Just make sure, if something feels off in Newport, that you advocate for yourself; OCS goes by pretty fast, and the waiver process is pretty slow.

Draconoth

I start my ROM in late February and my recruiter just told me they no longer have holding classes dues to covid. Is this true or is my recruiter just using scare tactics.

I’m in ROM right now. You check in in the morning and they send you straight to your room, which is on base and not at the hotel, and you keep everything with. You can pretty much bring whatever you want for ROM and then will dump it all once you officially start. Food is not great so definitely bring snacks. You don’t have a fridge or microwave like I was previously told. Once you start ROM you can recieve mail so you can order stuff from amazon in case you forgot to buy something. You PT twice a day depending on weather and the PRT is after you finish with ROM. They literally Check off your name, you sign a few papers, and go straight to your room. Super easy, pretty boring though.
When you show up you essentially need two weeks of civilian cloths for ROM?