• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Brand0034

Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have info on those of us who have been pushed from their original OCS date? Been waiting months without a new date and any “pushed classmates” I was in contact with, either already shipped or received finsel for a new date.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have info on those of us who have been pushed from their original OCS date? Been waiting months without a new date and any “pushed classmates” I was in contact with, either already shipped or received finsel for a new date.

I would contact your OR. From what I have learned so far is they like you to show initiative. After all it is your commissioning.

jlee199

I’ve read here and there that swearing in will be done over phone because of the virus. Can anyone confirm? Would like to plan a little road trip with my friends before I leave but wouldn’t want it to interfere with any administrative process

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I’ve read here and there that swearing in will be done over phone because of the virus. Can anyone confirm? Would like to plan a little road trip with my friends before I leave but wouldn’t want it to interfere with any administrative process
Just because one OR might have done it that way it doesn’t mean the next will. Seems like this is something to ask your OR if you want to know the actual facts.

“What do you mean I have to swear in in person? Random internet person said it was done over the phone!”

Alex0401

Alex0401
When I swore in (Sept) I was in person but the LT was on the phone. You'll most likely be in person since there will be paperwork and such you will need to sign.

Nidz521

Not for everyone, I'm swearing in next week with two other selectees in person.

E6BFlightComp

I'm currently in the ROM phase of OCS for what was supposed to be my original date of 08 NOV 2020 before Coronavirus pushed it back to 14 FEB 2021. Was able to sign a financial hardship waiver since I quit my jobs and got a call the Monday before I was supposed to leave to let me know I've been added to the class roster.

Hope this helps!

ed.fourth

How much clothing should I be bringing for OCS? I leave for ROM on the 14th of this month and I was just wondering how much clothing I should plan on bringing outside of the recommended OCS packing list for the two week quarantine.

How much clothing should I be bringing for OCS? I leave for ROM on the 14th of this month and I was just wondering how much clothing I should plan on bringing outside of the recommended OCS packing list for the two week quarantine.
I'm in ROM right now. Bring at least a 7-10 days worth of workout attire. You'll have a chance to do laundry at least once. Also, make sure to bring weather permitting clothing...sweat pants/sweat shirt/jacket.

czaaa

Did they allow you to bring a medium-sized suitcase to put all of your belongings in?

I'm in ROM right now. Bring at least a 7-10 days worth of workout attire. You'll have a chance to do laundry at least once. Also, make sure to bring weather permitting clothing...sweat pants/sweat shirt/jacket.

PhillipC

How soon after the actual start of OCS do we put on NWUs?
It's been a few years since I was at OCS and it may have changed but we wore poopy suits for the first three weeks and then donned NWU's after that.

Good to see another prior Army person switching over. Congrats!