• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Ancalagon

For planks, what have recent OCS classes been doing on the PT tests? Are they still doing curl-ups + planks, or have they replaced curl-ups completely with the planks trial?

For planks, what have recent OCS classes been doing on the PT tests? Are they still doing curl-ups + planks, or have they replaced curl-ups completely with the planks trial?

Pushups => Planks => run. No curl ups and the planks do not count toward passing.

Adding to the above, any update on the 2 second pushups cadence? Thanks for any insight!

There has been nothing official on this so I would not worry about it.

SHART

Pushups => Planks => run. No curl ups and the planks do not count toward passing.

There has been nothing official on this so I would not worry about it.
Damn. Push-ups then planks suck. They were worried about the fleet and the issues sit ups caused. Clearly the issues they have with shoulders went out the window.

Damn. Push-ups then planks suck. They were worried about the fleet and the issues sit ups caused. Clearly the issues they have with shoulders went out the window.

The actual order may be planks then pushups. OCS is doing pushups first because planks do not count towards passing (for now).

jlee199

Does anyone know what happens right after OCS for SWOs? Do we get leave for a couple days or anything like that? Been souring the internet but couldn’t find anything for how Covid is impacting that.

spolasek

The only thing I've heard (from my recruiter) is that it's easier to get accepted as a civilian or getting out and then applying because the acceptance percentage is higher than going from enlisted to officer. Also, it's easier because you won't have to go through your chain of command. I see that this was several months back. I'm curious to see what you've found out and which route you went with. Where has your journey taken you? Have you submitted a package?

I couldn't find this question answered anywhere but what are the differences between going enlisted to OCS and getting out or already a civilian and going OCS? The only thing I have been able to find is that there are no interview appraisals required if you're applying OCS at the recruiting station as a civilian. Other than that, is the process essentially the same?

SHART

I was asking what "not counter towards passing" means lol
It means that whatever time you get doesn't count one way or another. Thus you could get 30 seconds and it doesn't go against you passing or your overall PT score. They are using cycle one as a test to see how it goes. Cycle two is when the times will count.

GAhnee

It means that whatever time you get doesn't count one way or another. Thus you could get 30 seconds and it doesn't go against you passing or your overall PT score. They are using cycle one as a test to see how it goes. Cycle two is when the times will count.
When does cycle 2 begin?