• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

justheretocreep

When bringing a watch to OCS, what is acceptable in terms of level of complexity? Is it just a list of watches you can have and a list of ones you can’t or is it a call that is made on the spot if you are allowed to have. I currently have a Garmin instinct but I’m unsure if I will need to get another digital watch to get me through OCS or if the limited “smart” features of the Garmin could squeak by undetected. If anyone has any insight that would be great!

You won't have a watch the first phase of training, only the section leader for the day is authorized to wear a watch only to ensure the group makes it to their events on time. I wouldn't invest in anything fancy, things may have changed since I was there but I don't remember smart watches being allowed either. A safe bet, just buy a cheap analog watch (Casio's are nice and like $10-15) at the NEX when you make your first trip there.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
You won't have a watch the first phase of training, only the section leader for the day is authorized to wear a watch only to ensure the group makes it to their events on time. I wouldn't invest in anything fancy, things may have changed since I was there but I don't remember smart watches being allowed either. A safe bet, just buy a cheap analog watch (Casio's are nice and like $10-15) at the NEX when you make your first trip there.
Awesome! Thanks for the response!

KabarJaw

Apologies if this has already been asked, but would ride sharing to OCS from our hotel be unacceptable under the circumstances? I would assume so but I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is an official position on it. Thanks!

Got my answer, leaving it here in case anyone else wanted to know the official position. I figured this would be the case but its good to know for sure.

jlee199

OR called me and said I have to report to a hotel 2 weeks prior to my OCS class for quarantine. Anyone know how restricted we are during these two weeks? Ideally I would like to at least hit the gym so I don’t get out of shape

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
OR called me and said I have to report to a hotel 2 weeks prior to my OCS class for quarantine. Anyone know how restricted we are during these two weeks? Ideally I would like to at least hit the gym so I don’t get out of shape

Try going back two pages to here for the beginning of the discussion.

Ricky_piano

I was about to buy some Asics running shoes for OCS, but not sure if I should buy them a specific color. I know they should be conservative but should they be black, gray, or white? Or could they be any color?

KabarJaw

I was about to buy some Asics running shoes for OCS, but not sure if I should buy them a specific color. I know they should be conservative but should they be black, gray, or white? Or could they be any color?

Any color is fine but its best not to draw attention to yourself.

emcee1

When bringing a watch to OCS, what is acceptable in terms of level of complexity? Is it just a list of watches you can have and a list of ones you can’t or is it a call that is made on the spot if you are allowed to have. I currently have a Garmin instinct but I’m unsure if I will need to get another digital watch to get me through OCS or if the limited “smart” features of the Garmin could squeak by undetected. If anyone has any insight that would be great!
I wore my Garmin the entire time and no one cared.

SHART

For those prior enlisted who have gone through in the last year: what uniform items did you take, did you have to buy black boots if previously only had brown, and what ptu? Anything else you might think of that would be prior specific I'd appreciate the insight.

ggirls3082

hey y'all, not attending ocs myself but my partner is. Still fairly new to the process but I'm educating myself so apologies in advance if I don't use all the correct lingo. does anyone know what family/friends attending graduation at the end of OCS looks like considering COVID? and usually, how much time is there before the officers head to Pensacola? is there much time in between graduation and the day to report for pilot school in FL? please let me know if this question would be best suited for a different thread, thanks!

Jp127

Fenix 5s plus. Other people in my class had Fitbits and other watches like that and no one ever mentioned anything about them not being allowed. Although the staff there during my time seemed very preoccupied with the COVID procedures and keeping everyone healthy.
We're you able to have a watch charger? Mine only needs to be charged every 10 days or so

AULANI

For those prior enlisted who have gone through in the last year: what uniform items did you take, did you have to buy black boots if previously only had brown, and what ptu? Anything else you might think of that would be prior specific I'd appreciate the insight.
Bring what you have and they'll tell you what you can keep and what needs to be replaced.