• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

flgator92

None
Thanks very much. I was a bit confused because of the aviators using brown shoes and SWO using black shoes. And the whole type 2 vs type 3. But I guess if it doesn't show it really doesn't matter. Thanks again!
At OCS, you wear black shoes and boots. You won't "earn" leather brown boots until you pass the preflight academic syllabus, and earn your flight suit. Even so, I wear black socks with the brown flight boots. Most people do, it seems. Either way, though, small potatoes- not really an issue.

Zafeki

Hey again everyone. Does anyone have any input regarding the elections this year? As it turns out, I will be at OCS during elections and I am just wondering how we can manage to still vote in the elections while at OCS. Has anyone been given any information on this? I asked my recruiter but he didn't have an answer for me.

Thanks!

justz048

I
Hey again everyone. Does anyone have any input regarding the elections this year? As it turns out, I will be at OCS during elections and I am just wondering how we can manage to still vote in the elections while at OCS. Has anyone been given any information on this? I asked my recruiter but he didn't have an answer for me.

Thanks!
I would assume you would just do an absentee ballot, but anyone, feel free to correct me. I don’t even have an OCS date yet, but that’s what I thought I’d be doing.

Hey good evening everyone! I’ve poked around on several threads but haven’t been able to find the information I’m looking for. With the new ROM procedures in place, what does check in look like? Is it just administrative check in and then straight to the hotel for ROM? No HT/WT? No initial PRT?

Also, I plan to bring some of the recommended items (comfortable boot socks, clipboard, etc.), what’s the process look like for holding onto those while checking in? As in do you get sent to your barracks right away to drop off you baggage before continuing the process? I apologize for my ignorance in all this, the last time I went through initial training like this I wasn’t allowed to keep anything.. even the clothes on my back hahaha ?.

Last edited:

Sjohnny15

Hey good evening everyone! I’ve poked around on several threads but haven’t been able to find the information I’m looking for. With the new ROM procedures in place, what does check in look like? Is it just administrative check in and then straight to the hotel for ROM? No HT/WT? No initial PRT?

Also, I plan to bring some of the recommended items (comfortable boot socks, clipboard, etc.), what’s the process look like for holding onto those while checking in? As in do you get sent to your barracks right away to drop off you baggage before continuing the process? I apologize for my ignorance in all this, the last time I went through initial training like this I wasn’t allowed to keep anything.. even the clothes on my back hahaha ?.
I’m in ROM right now. You check in in the morning and they send you straight to your room, which is on base and not at the hotel, and you keep everything with. You can pretty much bring whatever you want for ROM and then will dump it all once you officially start. Food is not great so definitely bring snacks. You don’t have a fridge or microwave like I was previously told. Once you start ROM you can recieve mail so you can order stuff from amazon in case you forgot to buy something. You PT twice a day depending on weather and the PRT is after you finish with ROM. They literally Check off your name, you sign a few papers, and go straight to your room. Super easy, pretty boring though.

Zafeki

I’m in ROM right now. You check in in the morning and they send you straight to your room, which is on base and not at the hotel, and you keep everything with. You can pretty much bring whatever you want for ROM and then will dump it all once you officially start. Food is not great so definitely bring snacks. You don’t have a fridge or microwave like I was previously told. Once you start ROM you can recieve mail so you can order stuff from amazon in case you forgot to buy something. You PT twice a day depending on weather and the PRT is after you finish with ROM. They literally Check off your name, you sign a few papers, and go straight to your room. Super easy, pretty boring though.

Great Information! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering what to expect during ROM.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply and the information! Do you recommend over packing for ROM and then just throwing everything in my car (I’ll be driving up) when training starts?

Sjohnny15

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply and the information! Do you recommend over packing for ROM and then just throwing everything in my car (I’ll be driving up) when training starts?
I don’t think you will get a change to go back to your vehicle. You do laundry every three days so I would bring like 6-8 pairs of workout clothes because you PT twice a day, so you go through a decent amount in those few days. But you really just need bare minimum for ROM.

JimIII

Does anyone know if collegiates receive their BAH at OCS? I remember messaging a few previous collegiates that said they received BAH at OCS but I don't know if it still happens today.

What does the PT consist of while in ROM?

Thank you