• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Look at the size of the hand cannon. Random, but does anyone happen to know the candle wattage of such lights?

Joseph123

Banned
With The Retirement of Marine Hornets...

*With the retirement of Marine Hornets and EA-6Bs, will there be no Marine fixed-wing aircraft aboard carriers?

*Will the Marine Corps F-35s be vertical-lift?

*Is it true that there is always a contingent of Marine Infantry aboard carriers?

*Will the Marine Corps F-35s operate from Amphibious Assault Ships?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
*With the retirement of Marine Hornets and EA-6Bs, will there be no Marine fixed-wing aircraft aboard carriers?

Supposedly, no. But who knows. We could always have another "great idea" like TACAIR integration someday.

*Will the Marine Corps F-35s be vertical-lift?

Yes.

*Is it true that there is always a contingent of Marine Infantry aboard carriers?

Used to be (MARDET), but now....no.

*Will the Marine Corps F-35s operate from Amphibious Assault Ships?

Yes.

Joseph123

Banned
Is the plan for the F-35s to operate from carriers, in addition to the Amphibious Assault Ships? On that note, do Harriers operate from carriers, or only Amphibious Assault Ships?

phrogpilot73

Is the plan for the F-35s to operate from carriers, in addition to the Amphibious Assault Ships? On that note, do Harriers operate from carriers, or only Amphibious Assault Ships?
I understand that you have interest in aviation and what not, but do you ever do anything else?? Like chase chicks??

To answer your questions: I don't know, and only LHA/D's.

Oh, and for what it's worth - our fleet callsign was "Leroy". Sometimes we were "Jailbird", "Buzzy", or "Driftwood". Never used 1EXXX past flight school.

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
After a semi-successful night of woman-chasing I have a stupid question.

What does IFR stand for?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Instrument Flight Rules. ie. you are flying off your instruments rather than just looking outside to figure out where you are.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Instrument Flight Rules. ie. you are flying off your instruments rather than just looking outside to figure out where you are.

Really? I think there's a bit more to flying IFR. Perhaps you ought to let those who have BTDT answer what constitutes IFR vs VFR flying. I have been VFR plenty times and looked "inside" to figure out where I was. Conversely, unless in IMC situation, I always looked outside in IFR. It's not a one and zero determination. You ought to be keying on the "rules" part of IFR and VFR, it's the rules that you follow that constitute IFR vs VFR flying whether you looking inside or outside.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I agree with HeyJoe. I've been IMC while legally flying VFR..... but so was JFK, Jr.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Really? I think there's a bit more to flying IFR. Perhaps you ought to let those who have BTDT answer what constitutes IFR vs VFR flying. I have been VFR plenty times and looked "inside" to figure out where I was. Conversely, unless in IMC situation, I always looked outside in IFR. It's not a one and zero determination. You ought to be keying on the "rules" part of IFR and VFR, it's the rules that you follow that constitute IFR vs VFR flying whether you looking inside or outside.

Roger that sir, my apologies. I hate it when a non-experienced guy speaks up when he shouldn't, and here I am doing it myself. I should have just taken my slightly drunk ass to bed...

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Kevlar ... and flak jacket ... in the tower ... really?

"Raider 12 this will be vectors for the COMBAT PAR rwy 24R ..."

I was thinking the same thing, but exercise shenanigans look to be in full effect.

Location looks like Kadena AB, on Okinawa. I feel for that dude when he's wearing that crap in the cool and dry summers

Status
Not open for further replies.