• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
The PRs will usually do a command/squadron thing if the CO wants uniformity with something...like my skipper did with lightning bolts (the Chargers), but then the CO changes and some of the newbies don't get the bolts, etc...also with the 2-helo detachments we do, people usually put their "mascot" on their helmets...which makes most helmets non-uniform...

Then I added a bit of my own...a Yellow Jacket of Georgia Tech on my left ear and the GT right smack dab on my bald spot...all in reflective tape of course because I believe that 90% of the helmet is supposed to be reflective. And based on how hard it is to see a body in the water from 150' at 60kts, I'd recommend sticking to this rule...

~D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Starting a new thread to make it more manageable and stop the dogpiled-thread-jacking.

...and go.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I've heard several rumors about the P3 FRS in Jax and just wanted some clarification. It's 6 months, but how many events do we actually do? I was told that there's a lot of down time between events and that we find out our squadrons within a couple months of starting.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
I've heard several rumors about the P3 FRS in Jax and just wanted some clarification. It's 6 months, but how many events do we actually do? I was told that there's a lot of down time between events and that we find out our squadrons within a couple months of starting.

I've heard they've gotten more efficient about when you find out squadrons/home port(I didn't find out till 4 weeks before I left) but I did average about 3 days of golf a week during the RAG. Good times:D

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None

Downtime is plentiful. Also, about finding out about your ultimate squadron, it's true that you find out really far in advance. I started April 11th and found out (verbal orders only) this past week. That way you have more than enough time to starting figuring out new living arrangements at your future squadron. You still don't get your written orders until about one month before detachment though, but at least you know what to expect.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But it's easy math...

Figuring fuel flows for example.

2000# per hour per side (2 engine jet)

Equates to 4000# per hour, 2000# in 30 minutes, 1000# in 15, 500# in 7.5, and about 375# every 2-3 minutes....

Use that for fuel ladder to track your fuel in a flight. If you're above where you need to be to make it back with max trap or min on deck, you got gas to play with.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
It's beach weather. Go enjoy it but watch out for the homeless guy with the backpack, he is notorious for asking for money on Monday mornings (It's freaking Monday, go get a damn job)

JEP42

I am wanting to go into the Marine Corp as a fighter pilot. I am 76 inches tall and was wandering what the cut of point is.

Status
Not open for further replies.