• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stuck On What To Do On The Start Of My Aviation Career

davidc1220

Hey OP concur with all the gouge re: keep an open mind to other services. FWIW I was never the best runner but willed my way to a 20:30 for OCS mostly through interval sprints. Running clicked a lot better later on when I realized that there's also value to working in very long (6-8+ mi) runs at a very easy pace. These have an added benefit of actually becoming relatively enjoyable instead of just hazing yourself to death doing 400m repeats. Most programs will structure some combination of a tempo, interval, and long run throughout the week depending on your goals. But running 3 miles twice a week isn't going to make you much faster very efficiently.
Looks like that's what its going to take, im going to start looking into running programs. I'm not planning on leaving for OCS until Fall so I still have some time but time is ticking at the same time. And the other branches all have different deadlines. I need to learn to pick up my long distance milage slowly without getting hurt or getting too tired too quickly

taxi1

pilot
I will now exit the thread and continue my weekend routine of body hardening in green on green to videos of CAS in Iraq next to my posters of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris

77b286ee444aa4cbdcb6b6f2c9bbfdc0.gif

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For overall general fitness, anyone else have any suggestions for stuff like improving pull ups or planks
Same old gouge (there's plenty on here, just search for those keywords), cross train, don't overdo it and pull something, have hard days and have rest days (or have different days for strength and cardio).

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Looks like that's what its going to take, im going to start looking into running programs. I'm not planning on leaving for OCS until Fall so I still have some time but time is ticking at the same time. And the other branches all have different deadlines. I need to learn to pick up my long distance milage slowly without getting hurt or getting too tired too quickly

So is your to be a Marine, or is it to be a military and airline pilot?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Marine Pilot who in the future will retire and fly for airlines. I want to be a Marine first and foremost but a Marine Pilot is the goal

So within one week you changed from military pilot and airline pilot to Marine?

You do realize that the airlines are all about seniority and not getting your foot in the door as soon as possible is pissing away money?

This is a far cry from your first post. What changed?

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
First off, I would love to fly for the Marine Corps. I've wanted to be a Marine and a pilot for them since i was younger.

I am currently looking to expand my options with the Air Force and the Army, but I'm afraid that I may be giving up on something I have been working on for so long.

What would you do? What would you avoid? Do you know of any other options? Anything Helps, Thanks again y'all

David

So within one week you changed from military pilot and airline pilot to Marine?

You do realize that the airlines are all about seniority and not getting your foot in the door as soon as possible is pissing away money?

This is a far cry from your first post. What changed?

I think his post was pretty clear. Contrary to popular belief you can become a Marine and an airline pilot - happens all the time.