• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

Bevo16

pilot
He will say that he didn't have criminal intent, and that he was just a "collector" showing off his "collection" of uniform items.

That's what juries are for.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Burton, who was off work because it was Veterans Day, would not come to the door, and a man who came to the door referred CNN to Burton's lawyer, DeFrank. The man said he was Burton's partner for 18 years and retired from the U.S. Air Force.

Hmm, define partner? So he's gay and a fake??

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Nobody even mentioned that the flabby necked geek couldn't even pass as an old retired Marine, much less an active duty leader of men.

MR-

MPH

Burton, who was off work because it was Veterans Day, would not come to the door, and a man who came to the door referred CNN to Burton's lawyer, DeFrank. The man said he was Burton's partner for 18 years and retired from the U.S. Air Force.

There I was savoring the irony that he didn't have to work on Veterans Day... and then I got to the bold.

:eek:

That was certainly unexpected...

Renegade One

None
Some Marine can say for sure, but I thought USMC General officers wore scarlet vests with that uniform, not scarlet cummerbunds.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Are people just generally THAT BORED with their current lives that they have to assume the "life" of someone in any military branch? By that I mean, come on, are you that much of an attention whore? It pisses me the fuck off that people repeatedly do this kind of stupid shit when there are REAL PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY FIGHTING EVERY SINGLE DAY TO EARN THE RIGHT TO WEAR THOSE UNIFORMS AND THE MEDALS AS WELL. :icon_rage :icon_rage :icon_rage

GET A FUCKING LIFE!!!

/rant.

Edit: Ok I didn't see the part where he actually did serve, but STILL, he lied about his service and what he did. And that is still inexcusable.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some Marine can say for sure, but I thought USMC General officers wore scarlet vests with that uniform, not scarlet cummerbunds.

I am not a Marine but it appears you are correct.

PlateV_Evening_Dress.jpg