• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Well, that sucks and is embarrassing for A&M. But in obligatory defense of my school, schmucks like this turn up everywhere, doing everything imaginable with their insidious lies. I'm embarrassed for Bowen Loftin and the A&M administration, but hardly surprised by these things anymore.

I'm just waiting for Bevo to start with the Aggie jokes now...

Me too. :D

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
$300k? Jesus, I need to get a job in higher education when I get out...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw this on another forum I frequent. I think he should be charged with fraud.

Since he may have gotten some monetary gain out of it that may be a possibility but that still leaves the question of what happens to the Stolen Valor Act. I think that might end up in the Supreme Court sooner or later.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Since he may have gotten some monetary gain out of it that may be a possibility but that still leaves the question of what happens to the Stolen Valor Act. I think that might end up in the Supreme Court sooner or later.

I agree with the premise of that Stolen Valor Act but also believe that as military members we tend to sniff out these impostors quicker than the Feds do. Since I think most of these high profile cases deal more with people receiving some sort of monetary gain from pretending, I believe that we have laws in place already to prosecute them on.

I also believe this will be pushed up to the Supreme Court in the future. I'm not so sure of what the outcome of that push will be, but I hope that it results in protections for those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in service to our nation.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Just saw this over at Cdr Salamander's Blog. Makes me want to spit... or punch someone.:icon_rage

Robert Pepin, Strandlof's attorney, the ACLU of Colorado and the Rutherford Institute, a nonprofit civil liberties group, all filed briefs with Blackburn contesting the Stolen Valor Act.

Not even remotely surprised those fuck sticks are involved with this. I haven't met one yet that didn't test my ability to refrain from curb stomping them.

GoVols1998

Robert Pepin, Strandlof's attorney, the ACLU of Colorado and the Rutherford Institute, a nonprofit civil liberties group, all filed briefs with Blackburn contesting the Stolen Valor Act.

Not even remotely surprised those fuck sticks are involved with this. I haven't met one yet that didn't test my ability to refrain from curb stomping them.

This is soooooooooooooooooo true.