• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats classic, My favorite was the medal saying he was the commander of the british empire. Really makes you wonder, what is this guy thinking.

I think the icing on the cake is the CIA patch, common on those who have done secret missions that can't be talked about even 20 years later, all awards are classified above Top Secret of course. Except for the giant CIA patch.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I told some cops to check into a guy wearing a Chief khaki that looked like a bag of A@@. He had a Specwar pin on along with three rows of ribbons (I have 3 rows and I was in for 5 years). Plus the chief looked out of shape and his ribbons were all jacked up. He had a bronze star, a navy cross, GWOT, GWOT E, Iraq liberation, a single good conduct (it is hard to make chief with only one good conduct), 2 sea service, and a couple of smaller ones. He was missing a NAM. I don't think I have met a chief without a single NAM.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Thats classic, My favorite was the medal saying he was the commander of the british empire. Really makes you wonder, what is this guy thinking.

It wouldn't be impossible for a US General to be awarded a CBE, although when bestowed on Americans it is an "Honorary" award, since awardees must swear allegiance to the Queen...which obviously no GI would do.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I love the second one. TWO Navy Crosses? I mean, come on. If you want to play dress-up, at least come up with a believeable story. Any living Marine that actually had 2 Navy Crosses would be legendary among veterans.

It's never enough for these people to be "just" an honorably discharged Marine/Sailor/etc. They all have to be Chesty Puller. The worst part is how these ass-clowns detract from the individuals who've actually earned their honors.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wow. PFC to Full Bird in only 7 years. I feel way behind the power curve stuck at O2 at year 3.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I don't know who's responsible, but I'm sure someone in the admin channel will be punished. I can't really fathom how this happened, unless he forged documentation. The good news is, he was caught before he could do any serious harm.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I wonder how the Army just believed this guy. It's not as if they needed to do a background investigation. All they had to do was get a DD214 from him.
So true, I had to provide a DD214 for my current civilian job to prove my military background. I'm sure the fallout won't stop with him.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder how the Army just believed this guy. It's not as if they needed to do a background investigation. All they had to do was get a DD214 from him.

On the POW Network site they have examples of faked ones, probably not too hard to do with today's computers.

Lawman

None

All hell is breaking loose at Rucker trying to figure out when he was here, when he left, how he wasnt accounted for, etc. Nobodys heard fo the guy, or for that matter seen him. And we've got plenty of people who have been in the Battalion as Students for 2-3 years.

As for the proof for the Army, totally gonna have to go with his Guard Unit totally dropped the ball since they recruit on their own not from the normal Army recruiting office. Active duty side its really kinda depends on the MEPs station how hard they look. I got my PEBD adjusted but I still had to provide copies of orders to Active duty etc. It was like pulling F'ing teeth getting any kind of paperwork from the Marines though (needed medical etc for my RE waiver) and apparently thats not uncommon so I could see some E4 recruiter that hates dealing with another office ignoring protocal and just hand jamming in the paperwork.