• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't we have someone on here asking about a poser that worked at a bank as a teller a while back?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
He can read the uniform regs and use ribbon checker to put together a stack...but no matter how much you try, you just can't get the "lingo" right:

From his letter to that newsletter:
Hey there Sarge,
Sarge?
For the photo shoot, I had to be in my class A's.
Class A's?
1st Division, USMC
Never seen 1st Marine Division called simply 1st Divison before

I have talked to a couple old-timers who gave me pause to wonder about their "authenticity" and I chalked a lot of it up to times changing.

If you talk to someone who isn't real though, you usually know it within just a few minutes. The real question of course is: Is it worth it to call them out on it?

(Edit: Gun shows are always good for a laugh on this topic. Last time I had some guy tell me that black helicopters came and picked him and his buddy up and flew them to the Stan to do sniper missions or something...the guy was legit though, he had a USMC license plate frame displayed.)

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
He's a dirt bag. If he had been in that long, shouldn't he have at least a star in the National Defense Service Medal for the first Gulf War?

Yeah. I've been in 15 and have 2. I don't quite agree with it.. but it was awarded after boot camp in '94.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I'd wear my uniform, but everyone knows I'm a self-important prick.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat???? You??? Clearly they don't know you like we do.

I should go visit my parents in Palm Springs

What's the equivalent going to be in Beverly Hills?
then I got a degree in Aerospace Engineering in 3 years.

Clearly, you're being too hard on yourself.

Hopefully 90210 doesn't have a Stolen Bitchiness watchdog network.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Whaaaaaaaaaaat???? You??? Clearly they don't know you like we do.

Clearly, you're being too hard on yourself.

Hopefully 90210 doesn't have a Stolen Bitchiness watchdog network.

But wait, there's more!

And in classic Joboy style, I'll ignore your post completely and comment on something completely unimportant and un-related: The High School is in 90212, not 90210...

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I love catching the fakers!

Had a buddy make a traffic stop a few months ago. Subject has no identification but says hes a Marine out of California. My buddy calls me over because he knows nothing about the military so I start to question the guy. He says he's been a Marine for three years, but has no rank and his MOS is "rifleman". Now I know the Bullshit is starting to fly. He says he's been diagnosed with a mental disorder, but is going to ship out to Okinawa in two weeks..more BS. I tell him to get out of the car and start digging some more. At the end of it he was telling us a false name, had stolen items in his trunk, a wallet that belonged to another person that was stolen a few weeks prior, and merchandise bought with a credit card in that wallet. His real name also came back to have numerous warrants out of county.

He got royally screwed over and my buddy was intially just going to write him a ticket and let him go til he found out i was close by.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's hard to get too mad at clowns like this guy. Go to your high school reunion as a bank teller or Marine Lt Colonel... Which has a better chance of getting you laid? The sad part is how much change he must have shelled out for blues with all the bling, to wind up only with public shaming and courtside time. Hope for his sake that he at least got blown by some ex-girlfriend at the reunion.

Nowadays the uniform means instant love and recognition. That's impossible for some losers to pass up...understandable even as it's reprehensible.