• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

rrpilot

What a moron, good catch by the Commander, It had to be all she could do not to punch him out and call him out in front of everyone at the reunion!
Why the FBI?...I would have thought it would be a case for NCIS, maybe because he was a civilian?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Is it a douchebag thing to even wear your uniform?! My 10 yr is coming up if I even have time to attend, I was planning on civvies.

I'm proud of the uniform but I wonder if it screams "hey look at me!!"

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That's a hell of a career. Master Guns, Navy Cross and it looks like Major by the time of the reunion? Must have been a busy guy.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Is it a douchebag thing to even wear your uniform?! My 10 yr is coming up if I even have time to attend, I was planning on civvies.

I guess it truly depends on your attitude towards it. Maybe you could do some research, and see how many military people attend high school reunions at all, and how many of them do so in uniform.

Plans change, but at present I don't ever plan on going to a reunion like that. If I did, however, it probably would be in uniform.

brownshoe

Contributor

Ten year!!!! Don't I wish.:)

Hey, wear your uniform, it's who you are today. (Just my two cents.)

Steve

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
My 10 year is next fall. If any of the events' dress code has a corresponding uniform, I will be in uniform for it. As was said, it's part of who i am and I'm proud of what I do.

Now off to pack... fvcking Iraq...

snake020

Contributor
I'd feel weird wearing a uniform at a HS reunion. We'd be having a 10 year this year but my class didn't get its shit together so I guess we'll try again in another 10 years.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
My ten year reunion is coming up. I think there's supposed to be some kind of formal dinner thing that is suit and tie-ish. If we can all make it, I have a pair of buddies that are Air Force and Army aviators, and we were thinking of going in uniform so we have the entire set sitting at a table.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

I wore mine. We had a formal type event and chokers fit in well. If it isn't a formal/dress up event I would recommend civvies. Keep in mind that for every douche that tries to make fun of you there will be 5 other people that like it. I had a few "hey waiter" and "ice cream man" and Maverick/Goose comments from the same D-bags I steered clear of 10 years before. Don't sink to their level other than maybe a "you haven't changed a bit" comment. It will be obvious you have your shit together so just let the conversation come to you vice advertising what you are doing. If you show true interest in other's lives you won't come across as a braggart no matter what you are wearing.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'd wear my uniform, but everyone knows I'm a self-important prick. I'd wear it, if only I'd actually GO to my 10 year reunion....

Master Guns to LtCol! Wow! What a career path! Lock him up... I should go visit my parents in Palm Springs and just go look at this douche.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Keep in mind that for every douche that tries to make fun of you there will be 5 other people that like it. I had a few "hey waiter" and "ice cream man" and Maverick/Goose comments from the same D-bags I steered clear of 10 years before.

Those will be the guys that never left their hometown and are STILL working at Red Robin. (It was cool getting free fries, in high school...)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Those will be the guys that never left their hometown and are STILL working at Red Robin. (It was cool getting free fries, in high school...)

What's the equivalent going to be in Beverly Hills? I mean there were dunces and shitbags there, too... but I doubt any of them are working at red robin these days.

Doing coke and living in an apt in westwood on daddy's dime? If I do decide to go, I'll start tailoring my jokes and comments...