• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

No, they won't split you guys up. Each class i.e 189, will be compromised of( MCP, RECP, ECP, OCC etc.) For you, you will go through RECP. Looking at your stats, you are looking good, no worries.

-PEACE

Pheidippides

RECP - Upon completion of TBS, the new officer will be released from active duty for training and return to the SMCR billet that he/she was originally selected to fill.

https://lnweb1.manpower.usmc.mil/manpower/mi/mra_ofct.nsf/CMT/Reserve+Enlisted+Commissioning+Program

I have no intent to rejoin my current Unit so I am under the assumption that I will be ECP. About how many are being accepted into OCS I've heard conflicting stories from 50-150 candidates per class with anywhere between 40-70% drop out rates, is there any truth to these rumors?

Glen

I don't think they will send you back to your old units, besides, you going on active duty right?

Pheidippides

I just talked to my OSO and he said that I'm none of the above listed. That was for active duty Marines only. RECP is for those who were active duty serving at a reserve unit currently and is looking to promote up and then return to their unit. Since I am going Active duty then I fall into the "regular guy" catagory as he called my status. This means simply I don't have a tag added to my status and I will be going OCC just like a regular guy who just graduated from College, however he said I have an obvious advantage because I will be prior service with great pros/cons.

Pheidippides

Im waiting to take my flight physical next friday, from there I will either wait to retake the test at end of February or if I pass the Flight test I will sign the contract on the spot and take my PFT again at end of feb early march. My 300 is from December when I did with my unit so therefore I have to do another one within 45 or 30 days of the board meeting. I want to get my pull ups past 25 because Im not confident in them at all. Im doing 20 now but on a bad day it is like 17 and on a good day its like 20, so to feel confident I like to over excel in that area. Plus I need to get my run time back down, before it was low 15s now its back in the low 17s with no winter training. How does yours look?

Glen

Well, im a old folk, but still running in the 18s. Last time I ran the PFT, I did over 30 pull ups, 100 crunches and 18:50 run time, for my weight, that's good. Right now im back home on leave so im putting on extra weight, but soon as I gets back, I will start training hard.

Pheidippides

Last date to submit the package? My understanding that I can submit the package all the way up until the week before the board meets, now it may be different for me compared to all the active duty guys but someone who knows more about this send some info.

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
What's up ya'll -
Appying for OCS 189- SNA
PFT- 285 and climbing 20/100/22:00
School- State College of Denver
Major- B.S. Finance
GPA- 2.74
ASVAB-83
ASTB- 6/6
LOR- Navy LtCmdr; rest from my employers and bosses- have formal letters from them all
all-conf/state baseball player in high school and played in college
I am contracted and taking my flight physical feburary 1st in p'cola-

Good luck to all applying -

Pheidippides

bcatcher where you from if your doing your physical in p'cola? I was going to do it there too on the 1st but it got changed to Belle Chase in NO.

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
Pheidippides said:
bcatcher where you from if your doing your physical in p'cola? I was going to do it there too on the 1st but it got changed to Belle Chase in NO.

They told me I was getting my physical in p'cola- but they might phy me in to NO. I might be getting one there. Who know. All I know is that I leave the 30th. Wherever they send me is up to them.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
3 air slots?

i dont think that is correct. My OSO was told that they are taking 100 occ guys for 189 class, and either 25 or 30% of those will be air slots. Still not that many, but fat better than 3. Let me know what you have heard

Ann Merke

Occ 189

Hello all! I got lucky with my OSO- I was going to apply for last June's OCS class but other commitments made me abort. My OSO tried to get me to apply for October, but I was on vacation. When I got back it was too late, but they said that since they couldn't get any (females?) to apply for the October class, the Powers That Be said they could have a female apply for the January class. But there is no female January class. So I applied and got accepted for June. So I basically got an early acceptance for OCC 189, June '05. Found out in November! Originally was going to apply for aviation, but after driving from Florida to Seattle this summer, I realized my heart was on the ground. Also realized that there was nothing I wanted more than to be a Marine. I'll see some of you in June!

Stats?
Appying for OCS 189
PFT- 272 and climbing 70sec/95/24:10
School- University of Washington, Seattle
Major- you'll love this- B.F.A. Fine Arts: Painting
GPA- 3.75
ASVAB-didn't take
SAT- 1150
LOR- Bosses, managers, co-workers, professors, nothing too impressive.

That's what I've got!

Status
Not open for further replies.