• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

What's up everyone, I am an enlisted Marine(SERGEANT)currently on MSG duty. Im putting in a package for OCS class 189 June 05. Any enlisted or college graduates out there are more than welcome to join in and share ideas.

PFT: 295
GPA: 3.03
ASVAB: 75 ( Ya, I know)
Hawaii Pacific University
Justice Administration
MOS: 0311
LOR: 5( LTCOL, LTCOL, COL, NAVY CAPT, DEPUTY AMBASSADOR PHILIPPINE)
No SAT nor ASTB.
GROUND APPLICANT

GTodd

OCC 184 candidate, recomended to come back afetr getting hure in 7th week.

pft-288
GPA-2.9

Ground/Air, what ever gets me in, just wanna be a Marine, it is amazing how you feel once you get there. Once I just wanted to fly, now I just wanna be a Marine.

jaggurl

applying for june '05 ocs
285 PFT
3.42 GPA
Economics Major
1320 SATs
law applicant
151 LSAT :( (took it once and am hoping not to have to take it again, as long as I get into one ABA approved law school I'm gtg)

Glen

Hey GTodd,

What was your stats when you applied for the 184 class? How was the 7 week experience?

GTodd

"...What was your stats when you applied for the 184 class? How was the 7 week experience...."

Stats for 184
279 pft, I forget what my ASTB score was, not to hot, basicly you need to be in kick ass shape these days with solid recs to get in. You are a prior with an out standing pft, no prob for you.

Experience, freakin' amazing, the staff if 100% locked on, crazy high speed type "A" kind of MArines. Pt is harder than boot camp, cause you pt every day for like 2 hrs, mind F@cking is the same, just different. Glen you are a prior and an NCO so you will be looked at on a higher level by your budies and staff. Yo man if you ever got questions, just pm me or im me. Oorah. If there are specific questions anyone wants answered I will try to help, the only test I missed was sule 2.

skyhigh81

Glen said:
What's up everyone, I am an enlisted Marine(SERGEANT)currently on MSG duty. Im putting in a package for OCS class 189 June 05. Any enlisted or college graduates out there are more than welcome to join in and share ideas.

PFT: 295
GPA: 3.03
ASVAB: 75 ( Ya, I know)
Hawaii Pacific University
Justice Administration
MOS: 0311
LOR: 5( LTCOL, LTCOL, COL, NAVY CAPT, DEPUTY AMBASSADOR PHILIPPINE)
No SAT nor ASTB.
GROUND APPLICANT

I would not even worry about it Sgt. I put in for (OCS ECP 188 Naval Aviator Strictly!) and I got shot down, but there were no Air slots so I will be in for ECP 189 boat with you. On a side note Sgt, look up some of the people that got selected for ECP 188, you will be amazed. There is a Marine there that was selected with a 2nd class PFT and failed to shoot above 25 in the range (uncked with a final score of 8, I believe). I was discusted (not that I didn't get selected, because I asked for Naval Aviator ONLY and there were none selected as Naval Aviators), but at the fact that the standards were dropped so low.
Everyone I know (five to be exact) that has put for ECP and has asked for Ground has been selected unless they had an NJP or bad paper in their record. I hope MSG is treating you good Sgt. I leave for Iraq in about two weeks, but you can IM or send me a private message. I'd be glad to help out.

Semper Fi!

Cpl USMC

Glen

Cpl,

First of all, good luck out there in Iraq, and come home safe. My old command is there right now, 3/3, from Hawaii. What are your stats going in for THE 189 ECP CLASS?
What's your rifle score? Mine is EXPERT(40). Does rifle scores matter? Finally, what do you consider bad paper in records? What about PAGE 11s? Will you consider that bad? According CHESTY, a MARINE without any any NJP's, is not a real Marine( JUST A JOKE). You know nowadays a NJP will mess your career up.
So what UNIT are you with? ONCE AGAIN BE SAFE IN IRAQ. I WANT TO SEE YOU IN OCS(189) CLASS.

Glen

GTodd said:
"...What was your stats when you applied for the 184 class? How was the 7 week experience...."

Stats for 184
279 pft, I forget what my ASTB score was, not to hot, basicly you need to be in kick ass shape these days with solid recs to get in. You are a prior with an out standing pft, no prob for you.

Experience, freakin' amazing, the staff if 100% locked on, crazy high speed type "A" kind of MArines. Pt is harder than boot camp, cause you pt every day for like 2 hrs, mind F@cking is the same, just different. Glen you are a prior and an NCO so you will be looked at on a higher level by your budies and staff. Yo man if you ever got questions, just pm me or im me. Oorah. If there are specific questions anyone wants answered I will try to help, the only test I missed was sule 2.

Hey GTODD,

So are you ready this time? STAY MOTO BRO.

GTodd

Yeah I am as motivated as ever Sgt. I got sent home 'casue i broke, that was it, staff and Cl want me back, I would love to be with you, nothing like priors to help you stay afloat in the game that is OCS. "Give me that old Marine Corps Spirit........."

Midshipmanjosh

i am applying for june 05'

1200 - SAT
91 - ASVAB
3.0 GPA
University of Florida
Electrical Engineering
5-5-6 --OAR test for the navy but some of the scores apply for the corps
Air Application

Midshipmanjosh

glen: haven't taken it yet man. I am in the process of getting back in shape. But i should be back to max the situps easily and the pull ups. The run (go figure) is going to take a little longer than the other two. But its not something that i couldn't max if i tried hard enough.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
What Company are you with in MSG?

I am with Alpha, going to MECEP Prep in June.

I don't think an NJP necessarily DQ's you. I got NJP'd my first 6 months in the Corps, and I was still accepted for mecep.

Status
Not open for further replies.