• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulman737

Hey guys, I just found out that I got into OCC 189 from my OSO on a ground contract:

PFT: 273( gonna work extra hard to improve in the next 5 weeks)
GPA: 2.6
ASVAB: 81
Degree: International Business w/ minor in German and Economics

When I first started reading this thread and everyone's stats I was like WHOA!
Most of you guys have GPA's above a 3.0 and have PFT's in the 280's-300. Good job guys!

BTW, I went to OCS prep this weekend at Ft. Mcoy, anyone from PLC ever been to the prep weekend then to Juniors? Any comments on what to expect that was different from OCS?

CTE83

PLC Sr's 2nd Inc 2005

School: University of Central FL
Degree: Criminal Justice Major/ Psych Minor
GPA: 3.4
PFT: 282 (20/100/20:52)

Tulman737 said:
Hey guys, I just found out that I got into OCC 189 from my OSO on a ground contract:

PFT: 273( gonna work extra hard to improve in the next 5 weeks)
GPA: 2.6
ASVAB: 81
Degree: International Business w/ minor in German and Economics

When I first started reading this thread and everyone's stats I was like WHOA!
Most of you guys have GPA's above a 3.0 and have PFT's in the 280's-300. Good job guys!

BTW, I went to OCS prep this weekend at Ft. Mcoy, anyone from PLC ever been to the prep weekend then to Juniors? Any comments on what to expect that was different from OCS?

yeah, i've done the prep weekend "mini-OCS" 3 times now (first time right before Juniors). The main difference I noticed is the DI's they bring in from Parris Island to the prep weekend seemed to play games with us a lot more than the Sergeant Instructors at juniors (and we played a lot of games at juniors). Also keep in mind after a couple of weeks at OCS candidates will start assuming more of an active role (i.e. billets)...and if your platoon and billet holders are doing things the right way, you'll get less "special attention" from the staff. All and all I found life got a lot easier and we played less games at OCS after a couple of weeks.

SemperFi_Colt45

Just found out that I'm selected with a ground contract

School: University of Missouri-Rolla
Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.76
ASVAB: 89
PFT: 257 (14/100/20:05)

I still have to take the ASTB so I can transfer over to NFO.

elassowipo

Hey all-

Actually just decided to try for a air contract in March, but I won't apply for a slot until next year.

School: New Mexico State University
Major: Criminal Justice w/ a minor in Business Information Systems and history
GPA: 3.2
PFT: (16/100/23:00)

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
accepted Friday to PLC-C Air from the 4/27 board
Columbia University
Major: Mathematics
GPA: 3.79
PFT: 229 (14/92/23:27)
ASTB: 9/9
LOR: all civilian - two strong recs from profs and two from the supervisors at my part-time job, plus boilerplate from my Dean.

SFgirl

Good Luck and Congrats to all y'all going to 189. I originally thought I was going 190, turned out I was selected to 189 w/ an Air Cnt. Unfortunately I can't join you guys since I recently got NPQ'd.

Again, good luck and congratulations!

T-man

SFgirl said:
Good Luck and Congrats to all y'all going to 189. I originally thought I was going 190, turned out I was selected to 189 w/ an Air Cnt. Unfortunately I can't join you guys since I recently got NPQ'd.

Again, good luck and congratulations!

Sorry to hear that you got NPQ'd. Are you able/going to re-apply for 190? or can you?

SFgirl

Unfortunately I probably can't reapply for 190. At first I thought I might be able to when we thought it was just something stupid like IBS, but now that I have advanced IBD the prospects don't look good. Lots of meds and probably a surgery or two. Kinda sucks it reared its ugly head 8 weeks before OCS (3 before I actually found out I was going 189 instead of 190), but on the other hand, I am kinda glad it happened before I got so invested in training or even if had been commissioned. Having to walk away after all of that I think would have been more devastating.

T-man said:
Sorry to hear that you got NPQ'd. Are you able/going to re-apply for 190? or can you?

Boscco3

Of the people going to class 189, how many are actually going with an Air Contract? Beleive me, I'm all about being a Marine first and pilot 2nd. I just came back from Iraq as an 0352 and loved every minute of it. But I'm also a graduate of University of North Dakota with a major in Aviation Management, almost 300hrs, and all of my civilan ratings. I'm just trying to find out why they would choose someone with my background for a ground rather than flight contract. I'm not upset about going ground, I'm just rather confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.