• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midshipmanjosh

Hey guys,

I don't have "offical PFT" stuff yet, but my personal times are below. But my entire package is in and all im waiting on is reference letters and my physical results to come in.

Applying OCS 189 for SNA
16/22:05/100 ; (score has been climbing)
91 --ASVAB
5-6-5 -- ASTB
University of Florida -- Electrical Engineering
GPA -- 3.0
SAT -- 1200
If blood work clears, I am 100% physically

LOR's -- Bosses, Profs, ect

chrisneal22

air candidate

-astb 6-7-7
-private pilots license
-3.3 gpa in aviation management/OK. State University
-79 ASVAB
-haven't taken a pft yet, going to sometime either this week or next week.
-Air National Guard for three years

SFgirl

just wondering

I was wondering if anyone else had heard that 189 is closed for aviation (NA and NFO) slots, or if I just stumbled across some bad info...

T-man

last I heard from my OSO, there were still at least 3 NFO spots open... hoping I can get my app completed in time to get one myself :)

Midshipmanjosh

I just signed all my papers tonight. :D All of my packet is together and signed. I take my PFT on saturday and im good to go. My OSO said tonight that its a sure shoot that im in. Hopefully i'll see ya there.

Oh yeah, i got my 20 pullups the other day too. Been struggling with that for a while now.

cooper

I am also a marine applying for occ 189. I have submitted my package, but got an extension until the 16th of Feb. My mos is 6214 mechanic on unmanned aircraft. My stats are:
pft - 293
asvab - 87
gpa - 2.5
rifle - Ex
Major - Business Administration

Glen

Hey Cooper,

Im also enlisted and I got an extension till Feb 18th, but I don't think my package will be in by then, do you think we can request for further extension.

Glen

cooper

What they are doing with mine is Group S-1 talks with mcrc and takes care of your package getting there. If it is not going to get there on time, they tell them it is on the way. I think as long as they know your package is coming they can wait up to a little before the board meets. I also faxed a copy of my package to them.

Glen

You know what,

After I requested for an extention, I faxed everything to MCRC. Now, im on the MSG program and for some reason, my company in Thailand, found out I faxed my paper works to MCRC without the endorsements included. They claimed I circumvented my chain of command by faxing my stuffs to company. So, they will call MCRC to pull my package out, and they will do it the right way. I kinda figured my company isn't on my side, so I gave up. I am just gonna get out after my tour. Good luck with yours. You can check my stats on the first page.

Glen

cooper

I am sorry for that. They should not be handling it that way. I got my CO's endorsement and faxed it to MCRC. I put on the fax that the endorsements from the group Col and Wing MajGen. would be on the actual package. So far my command hasn't said anything. My OIC is the one who told me to fax it.

cooper

The bad part is that my S-1 had my package completed while we were in Iraq. I, however, didn't submit it. I told them I wanted to send it to OCC 189 and they took forever with the package and didn't really do anything to it. I had to correct everything. I can honestly say, I did my whole package without any help.

Glen

I mean you got a good command there, but mine definetely ain't helping. Good luck bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.