• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats For Ocs Class 189!!!!! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blip

I still have to take a flight physical before my package is ready. I should be doing that in the next week or so. After that it should be ready to submit.

Then I enter the waiting period.

Later,

Blip

Glen

Oh ok. I am putting mine in now. I hope I makes it. The only thing I can say will kill me will be my Asvab score. I wanted to retake it, but because I am in the Philippines, I can't do it. Hopefully, they won't see that on the board. HAHA

DevilBrauch

Hey everyone, I am also applying for class 189. I am an active duty Staff Sergeant, MOS 6217 (power plant mechanic) F/A-18. I have been around aviation since I joined the Marine Corps and I hope to get an air contract like many of you. If not I will be happy with a ground contract as well.

PFT: 272
GPA: 3.4
ASVAB: 79
ASTB: Taking the test on Jan 31st.

Good luck to everyone,

Joe

DevilBrauch

Glen,

I am applying for the ECP program. I submitted my package last friday along with another SSgt who is applying for a ground contract. Have you submitted yours yet? It sounds like they are due to HQMC by 01 Feb 05. So how do you like MSG duty? I have a good friend that I met at the SNCO Academy who was on MSG duty and he said he loved it.

Joe

Glen

SSgt,

MSG duty ain't bad. I was in Yemen for my post, and I am now in Manila, Philippines. Well, my package is up in our company in Thailand right now. From there, it will go to MSG BN in Quantico, Va. Then it will end up in 4TH MEB, North Carolina, before it finally gets to MCRC. Well, since all this will take forever, I called MCRC and requested for an extension. I have been granted one till Feb 18th, I hope it gets there on time. I am actually applying for MCP, but I will complete my BA in June 05. Is this your first time putting in a package? I got a 75 on my ASVAB, you think that will cripple me?

Glen

DevilBrauch

Hey Glen,

Although I have done a LOT of research on the MCP and ECP programs, I'm not sure on how big of a role the ASVAB score plays in the acceptance of a candidate. But I wouldn’t worry about your ASVAB score too much because there are so many other factors that they look at in the selection process such as: you are already enlisted in the Marine Corps, you are serving on a “B” billet right now (looks very good), you have achieved the rank of Sergeant of Marines, you have an outstanding PFT and you have great letters of recommendation. I think you have a lot of good things going for you so I would stress too much about it.

Joe

Glen

SSgt,

Thanks for your motivation. I am back home on leave right now and I am enjoying it. Well, what can we say huh? Lets hope we all make it. I believe the board meets on March 28th. I think it sucks waiting to see what happens, but oh well. Hope to see you in June.

Glen

Glen

SSgt,

You know I had to call MCRC in other for them to update the stats for 188. Is there a way we can check the individual stats for 188?

Glen

Pheidippides

189 Hopeful

189 Hopeful

PFT-300
ASVAB-86
College - Mississippi College
GPA - 3.01
ASTB - Score pending grading
Physical on Jan 31
no waivers
LCpl 4thMarDiv HQBN 0151

I'm applying for ECP and trying to get a Flight Contract but I have put a stipulation that if I don't get flight I'll take ground. My OSO said that is the best bet if I just want to be a Marine Officer that way they don't overlook you and you have the best chance to get in. If I don't get Air I would love to do Infantry or Intel. With all said and done until April we won't know who gets in and/or why. I was told the board meets on April 7th but everything has to be in before March 28.

Here is some more news for all of you wanting to go Air. I was told yesterday that there were only 3 flight spot available for 189, however more should be opening up as flight candidate after candidate are dropping from OCS and that allows for more slots on the next boards. Personally I've done the enlisted side and now ready to lead.

Pheidippides

For the record

Someone tell me what the difference is between MCP, MECEP, ECP, RECP and just applying as a regular college grad to OCS. Also are all of them seperated in OCC or do they just put them together when they get there?

Glen

Well, just like I stated in MarineOCS, with MCP, you will complete your degree after OCS before getting commissioned, with ECP, you must already have a degree, with RECP, just like the ECP, except, you in are in the reservist, and with the MECEP, you will be attending college full time, while getting paid and you will go to OCS after completion of your college degree.

-PEACE

Pheidippides

So since I am a drilling reservist will I go as RECP? Is there a quota that must be met for MCP, ECP, and RECP? Will we be split up when we get there or we just bunched together?

Status
Not open for further replies.