• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Physical

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Qualified!!!!

Well, "waivered" actually!!

Physical/Placement Information

Physical Info was received on: 2 Nov 2007
Your Physical Status is: WAIVER GRANTED as of: 28 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 2 Oct 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 27 Nov 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 5 Nov 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
What's up Mr. Cliff.... See ya in Feb..
I'LL BE THERE!!!CAN'T F%^&^$ WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO WVU!!!!! WE IN THE REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP... OKLAHOMA IS DEFINITELY THE BEST TEAM OUT THERE... AND WHEN WE BEAT THEM WE WILL GET MUCH MORE RESPECT THAN BEATING OHIO STATE OR LSU...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'LL BE THERE!!!CAN'T F%^&^$ WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO WVU!!!!! WE IN THE REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP... OKLAHOMA IS DEFINITELY THE BEST TEAM OUT THERE... AND WHEN WE BEAT THEM WE WILL GET MUCH MORE RESPECT THAN BEATING OHIO STATE OR LSU...

There is a separate thread for the college football cheerleaders.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Does anyone know how long the waivers from NOMI are taking right now? Mine was submitted for waiver at NOMI on the 3rd, but I'm curious if there's been a flood of paperwork going to NOMI right now.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Does anyone know how long the waivers from NOMI are taking right now? Mine was submitted for waiver at NOMI on the 3rd, but I'm curious if there's been a flood of paperwork going to NOMI right now.

It's anyone's guess at this point. Mine only took 24 hours, however there are supposedly 80+ physicals awaiting review at BUMED right now so I would assume that NOMI is close to, if not equally backed up. Just be patient and hopefully you'll find out soon. First round of orders requests aren't going out until next week anyways!

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
ALL THANKS DUE TO THE MAN UPSTAIRS!!!

Physical/Placement Information

Physical Info was received on: 15 Nov 2007
Your Physical Status is: WAIVER GRANTED as of: 18 Dec 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 5 Jun 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 10 Dec 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 16 Nov 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
By the grace of God, my waiver came through!

I was sent some interesting information, though:

NOMI said:
Despite being otherwise physically qualified or waiverable, member's anthropometric measurements indicate that they will not fit safely in Jets and E2/C2 as SNA and Strike Fighter/Strike ECMO as SNFO. This is considered a 'safety of flight' issue. This recommendation is for the STA-21 commissioning program.

So, looks like I'll be just too big for about 95% of all aircraft carried aboard an aircraft carrier. Honestly, I think helo's are pretty cool, and when I started this process, the P-3 kinda had my curiosity piqued. Ya know, go from Submarine Sailor to Submarine hunter? (Even if I'm flying and it's really the other people that are looking :D)

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else hear something similar?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
By the grace of God, my waiver came through!

I was sent some interesting information, though:

So, looks like I'll be just too big for about 95% of all aircraft carried aboard an aircraft carrier. Honestly, I think helo's are pretty cool, and when I started this process, the P-3 kinda had my curiosity piqued. Ya know, go from Submarine Sailor to Submarine hunter? (Even if I'm flying and it's really the other people that are looking :D)

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else hear something similar?

I think you're the first. Out of curiosity what are your measurements? Congrats on getting waived though I'm sure it is a relief to hear the word.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Stature: 72"
Sitting Height: 34.5"
Buttock-Knee Length: 23.5"
Thumb-Tip Reach: 27.5"

I think I'm just too lanky to fit in a jet :D

(And thanks, it was a BIG relief to finally hear the word)