• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Physical

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The other selectee in my division had a snag with the paperwork - seems that there were a couple of minor details missed by the HM's that were processing the paperwork. Make sure that you scrutinize every detail of the paperwork before you mail it in. It will save you the minor headache of having to run around and have any errors fixed.

Are you kidding? Most of us have been emailing and faxing...waaaay faster! If its during east coast working hours its basically immediately updated as soon as you send it to them.

But yes I would recommend proofing anything you send. I already had to make one pen & ink on my degree plan because I incorrectly transposed a course description/course ID. So I got a nastygram back saying I needed ethics. But in reality I just wrote the wrong thing in.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Well so much for 4-5 weeks. NOMI took one day it seems for me.

Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 29 Oct 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 7 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 23 Feb 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 6 Nov 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 29 Oct 2007

Wow that was quick!! I assume you emailed all of your paperwork in? Maybe that means my wait time will be just as short and the request for orders will go out before too long!! :D

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Anyone else in my boat? I am an Aircrewman with a waiver for flying, I believe that is my hold up with medical. Has anyone else been waiting for more than two weeks?

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Well, It is just the beginning of November, not to sound cavalier, but I have waiver paperwork that they need to go back over, I know my waiver will be fine, I just wonder if there may be additional issues....I'll give it another week!
One of my acceptance letters came in today! WHooopie!!!!

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I'm still waiting for my typed and signed copy from medical. I've been calling a couple times a week but it's "still waiting for Doc to sign it". How difficult can it possibly be? I'm seriously considering scheduling an appointment, taking my physical to the Doc and saying "Nope, nothing wrong with me, can you sign this now Sir...please?"

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
wow.. mine went to NOMI the day before ETC on the 5th and I'm still waiting. But, I bet they probably have a little issue with my "elevated" cholesterol and "seasonal" allergy problems. If I don't come back "Qualified" I hope it at least comes back "waiverable"..

EM1

OneBadSSS

wow.. mine went to NOMI the day before ETC on the 5th and I'm still waiting. But, I bet they probably have a little issue with my "elevated" cholesterol and "seasonal" allergy problems. If I don't come back "Qualified" I hope it at least comes back "waiverable"..

EM1

Hey at least your paperwork has been forwarded to NOMI! Mine's still at BUMED and they've been sitting on it since the 6th. I submitted my stuff electronically via email in PDF format so I don't understand why it should take so long to read thru everything and then forward it on to the next person who has to review it! :icon_rage Call me impatient, but I want that "Qualified" designation listed next to physical status on the STA-21 site ASAP so they can put the resquest in for my orders! I don't want to be one of those guys that doesn't get their orders cut until the middle of February!!

k_smittay

Hey at least your paperwork has been forwarded to NOMI! Mine's still at BUMED and they've been sitting on it since the 6th. I submitted my stuff electronically via email in PDF format so I don't understand why it should take so long to read thru everything and then forward it on to the next person who has to review it! :icon_rage Call me impatient, but I want that "Qualified" designation listed next to physical status on the STA-21 site ASAP so they can put the resquest in for my orders! I don't want to be one of those guys that doesn't get their orders cut until the middle of February!!

Just keep on top of them with e-mails or phone calls. My physical sat at NOMI for 3 weeks! Then I emailed STA21 and he replied 15 minutes later that it came back qualified and updated the physical/placement page.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Just keep on top of them with e-mails or phone calls. My physical sat at NOMI for 3 weeks! Then I emailed STA21 and he replied 15 minutes later that it came back qualified and updated the physical/placement page.

It's funny that you mention this. I have never dealt with NOMI, but having read AW for a couple years this seems to be a recurring theme. It seems, according to many posts on AW, that paperwork seems to get lost at NOMI. Don't know why or how it happens, but do what k_smittay did and keep track of that paperwork once you hand it off to NOMI.

OneBadSSS

I'm going to email them today so that hopefully I will get a response as soon as someone is back in the office next week!