• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Physical

erelislt

Hello fellow STA-21 Selectees. I am about to start going through physical process (I am non-aviation selectee). Can anyone tell me how long it took them to complete it and also if there were any hickups on the way? Did you have to make appointments for these physicals? Thanks for your time.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Yes you have to make an appointment. It is not really a big deal, especially if you are up to date on PHA's and shots. You need an audiogram (sewells point, walk-in so you can go anytime), blood work (its like 7 vials, results are back within a day except HIV which I heard can take up to 6 weeks although mine only too 6 days), and all the usual physical stuff. Overall it should be the least nerve racking part of the whole sta process

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Hello fellow STA-21 Selectees. I am about to start going through physical process (I am non-aviation selectee). Can anyone tell me how long it took them to complete it and also if there were any hickups on the way? Did you have to make appointments for these physicals? Thanks for your time.

Make sure the flight doc doesn't send your package to the wrong place and then go on leave for 3 weeks. :)

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Overall it should be the least nerve racking part of the whole sta process

After all the horror stories about NAMI wammies and such I have to admit I was a little nervous about my SNA physical. But I passed so I'm better now, aaaahhhhh!

k_smittay

After all the horror stories about NAMI wammies and such I have to admit I was a little nervous about my SNA physical. But I passed so I'm better now, aaaahhhhh!

Did NOMI already approve it? Mine is awaiting NOMI approval and I sure hope nothing is kicked back.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Any other Pilot/NFO selects waiting on their physical status. They received mine on 29 OCT and it showed up today as going to NOMI so I guess BUMED must've been okay with it. I guess thats like 6 working days at BUMED. See how long NOMI takes...I'm betting longer.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Any other Pilot/NFO selects waiting on their physical status. They received mine on 29 OCT and it showed up today as going to NOMI so I guess BUMED must've been okay with it. I guess thats like 6 working days at BUMED. See how long NOMI takes...I'm betting longer.

You bet right! They told Smittay it would take 4-5 weeks!! BUMED just received mine yesterday so I figure NOMI wil have it by Friday, Monday at the latest and I should know if I'm good to go by the middle of December...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
You bet right! They told Smittay it would take 4-5 weeks!! BUMED just received mine yesterday so I figure NOMI wil have it by Friday, Monday at the latest and I should know if I'm good to go by the middle of December...

That sucks...I'm sure glad now though that I rushed to get it all done as soon as I could.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Well so much for 4-5 weeks. NOMI took one day it seems for me.

Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 29 Oct 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 7 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 23 Feb 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 6 Nov 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 29 Oct 2007

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Still awaiting mine, but I have a waiver that was granted, they probably just need to look it up. I'm an AW Aircrewman, and I was told that as long as the waiver was granted and that I've been in an up status (plus, no meds) I shouldn't have an issue.

Physical Info was received on: 24 Oct 2007

Your Physical Status is: PENDING BUMED REVIEW as of: Data not available

Medical Comments:

Your HIV date is: 16 Feb 2007

Physical sent to NOMI: Data not available

Physical sent to BUMED: 25 Oct 2007

Degree Plan:

Degree Plan Comments:

School Acceptance:

Page 13: Received

Orders Requested: Data not available

vicariousrider

War Eagle!

The other selectee in my division had a snag with the paperwork - seems that there were a couple of minor details missed by the HM's that were processing the paperwork. Make sure that you scrutinize every detail of the paperwork before you mail it in. It will save you the minor headache of having to run around and have any errors fixed.