• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't hear about it... when was it? I was at SFWSL till late in the afternoon...

Anyways, the trailer looks awesome. BTW, were you in on the Tomcat farewell book that's coming out?? Don't remember the title but we got a preview just recently at the squadron... it looks very well done, I'll have to get a copy.

LOL...there's two on the streets, but yes, I'm not only "in" both..if you look carefully, my name is on both covers (I wrote backstory for Erik's book). That's also one of my pictures in your Ready Room (one of vertical Tomcat with poem on it).

0760325766.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65549335_.jpg

0967404053.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63565060_.jpg

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Heyjoe,

If you were around, why didnt you get Eric on base? I had to leave the JOPA to get him on base. Do you know how much beer I missed? :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heyjoe,

If you were around, why didnt you get Eric on base? I had to leave the JOPA to get him on base. Do you know how much beer I missed? :D

LOL. I was on base until 1330, left to do other day job stuff and then returned at 1800 to meet him, but he was already at VFA-32 when he called me. Then Peyton couldn't get on base, but Demo was inbound with a cooler so he got her.

BTW - I was looking at the picture board and tryign to spot you, but only saw a couple "FNGs" and a bunch of NTACs.....LOL

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks alot

I dont think I'm on the board yet. I've been dodgin the camera for a while. I had no clue they were going to show the flick or I wouldve stayed. Oh well. I'm sure MJ will let us see it this weekend. You must not have brought your daughter by the sqdrn because I know I would have heard about it. It s safe at 32 its Mefesto free.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Hey Dave... do you feel like the glamour of being a fighter pilot has been overcome by the pain yet? Or does that happen later?? ;)

Heyjoe-- just look for the oldest looking dude in the squadron, and that's probably EODDave :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Dave... do you feel like the glamour of being a fighter pilot has been overcome by the pain yet? Or does that happen later?? ;)

Heyjoe-- just look for the oldest looking dude in the squadron, and that's probably EODDave :)

:icon_smil

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Hey Dave... do you feel like the glamour of being a fighter pilot has been overcome by the pain yet? Or does that happen later??

My pain comes from my age. Arthritis and all.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
don't know if this has been covered already, but wasn't the female pilot ("Megan") in the preview also featured as a 4/c Academy mid in that "America's Military Academies" show on the Military Channel (it was on this afternoon)....her name-tag said "M.L. last name" so I'm guessing that it is??

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got an e-mail telling me I have a package inbound from Erik Hildebrandt.

Perhaps a large nicely bound Tomcat coffee table book...:)

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
don't know if this has been covered already, but wasn't the female pilot ("Megan") in the preview also featured as a 4/c Academy mid in that "America's Military Academies" show on the Military Channel (it was on this afternoon)....her name-tag said "M.L. last name" so I'm guessing that it is??

Yes. She's in VFA-213 now...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got an e-mail telling me I have a package inbound from Erik Hildebrandt.

Perhaps a large nicely bound Tomcat coffee table book...:)

After the good turn you did for him earlier this year, that is certainly what it is....I've got mine already. Enjoy! :)

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Anybody hear anything new about this? Release date/ DVD plans ect...?

I saw the movie last night in San Francisco at a "film screening." There were a few aviation types, but most of the people in the audience were pretty artsy.

I haven't even gone to OCS yet, but I thought the movie was great-- the aerial footage is the "big budget" stuff like in Top Gun, except with more emphasis on cockpit views. There is only a little bit about OIF, most of the movie is a standard documentary about their training with interviews of family members-- but very good nonetheless.

I thought the movie was pretty authentic as far as what I know about naval aviation (more than the average civilian).

The director said they want to do a theatrical release, but will not be going through a big studio.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I saw the movie last night in San Francisco at a "film screening." There were a few aviation types, but most of the people in the audience were pretty artsy.

I haven't even gone to OCS yet, but I thought the movie was great-- the aerial footage is the "big budget" stuff like in Top Gun, except with more emphasis on cockpit views. There is only a little bit about OIF, most of the movie is a standard documentary about their training with interviews of family members-- but very good nonetheless.

I thought the movie was pretty authentic as far as what I know about naval aviation (more than the average civilian).

The director said they want to do a theatrical release, but will not be going through a big studio.

I was there as well. I enjoyed it very much. I spoke to Peyton briefly and asked her about "Dogfight13." She said it'll probably end up as special feature on a DVD. All in all, it was a beautiful film.