• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
For me, I like to see when people go to the movies because that tells me they are doing ok and have the discretionary income to go watch a flick
I can see what you are saying; going to the movies these days is like making a small investment.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I can see what you are saying; going to the movies these days is like making a small investment.

He is saying that he likes the fact that people have the disposable income to go watch a movie. At least that is what I got out of it. Steve?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
He is saying that he likes the fact that people have the disposable income to go watch a movie. At least that is what I got out of it. Steve?
I KNOW! I was making a joke about how much movies (which I can't say are UP in quality) cost to attend these days.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
That guy Jay is in VF-32 (now VFA-32). I recognized him instantly from their final cruise video in the Tomcat. That video is great BTW, VF-32 seems like an awesome group of people!

Some noob questions for you guys (a result from that cruise video, not like we were on topic anyway):

1. What is a JO Deck sparer? I know it's a Junior Officer, but basically he/she preps a back up jet for superior officers in case theirs goes down?

2. What is a Hinge? (I believe that's what they called them)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That guy Jay is in VF-32 (now VFA-32). I recognized him instantly from their final cruise video in the Tomcat. That video is great BTW, VF-32 seems like an awesome group of people!

Some noob questions for you guys (a result from that cruise video, not like we were on topic anyway):

1. What is a JO Deck sparer? I know it's a Junior Officer, but basically he/she preps a back up jet for superior officers in case theirs goes down?

2. What is a Hinge? (I believe that's what they called them)

Hinge is a pejorative for O-4.

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speed and Angels Rough Cut

Picking up where the earlier thread left off http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17172&highlight=Speed+Angels

I was invited to preview the lastest rough cut of Speed and Angels tonight in VFA-32 spaces (where were you TB55?) with the director (Peyton), Erik Hildebrandt (awerial photographer) and "Demo" (Jay's RIO in VF-32 for OIF mission of note chronicled in film). I had seen the teaser so was prepared to see more of the story of Jay and Meagan has they learned to fly and fight the Tomcat and then deploy with their fleet squadrons. This is definitely not "Fighter Pilot" as someone had feared. The director has gone to great lengths to understand the community and what transpires in the air and on the ground and at sea and uses "Sir Buckethead" (then CO of VFC-13) to narrate the rites of passage and subtleties not evident or explained by the two key characters or the cameos by their family, peers and who they were crewed with in scenes depicted. The flying scenes rival that of Top Gun (the movie) thanks to Erik and the insights into the life as fledgling Fighter Pilots are an unvarnished view with no expletives deleted thanks to vision of the director. I'm sure it will be an AW favorite whether you have been there, done that or hoping to some day (granted, not in a Tomcat, but film speaks to the challenges faced by all fleet replacements working their way through the RAG and their time as "nuggets").

And in answer to the earlier question of release and availability, the vision of the production company is to go for theatrical release in the fall.

onedge

pilot
Thanks for the review heyjoe. I definately look foward to this film. Ever since I was mature enough to know Top Gun was full of bogus stuff, I have been looking foward to a movie that really gives the community something to be proud of and refer to when dealing someone who may not otherwise know much about us. You could say, "Did you see Speed and Angels in that one part? Well, it's kinda like that."

Cheers

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Agreed, hopefully they get the release. Either way even if it goes to those Ind. theaters I should still be able to catch it.
Thanks for the update..

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
I was invited to preview the lastest rough cut of Speed and Angels tonight in VFA-32 spaces (where were you TB55?) with the director (Peyton), Erik Hildebrandt (awerial photographer) and "Demo" (Jay's RIO in VF-32 for OIF mission of note chronicled in film). I had seen the teaser so was prepared to see more of the story of Jay and Meagan has they learned to fly and fight the Tomcat and then deploy with their fleet squadrons.

Didn't hear about it... when was it? I was at SFWSL till late in the afternoon...

Anyways, the trailer looks awesome. BTW, were you in on the Tomcat farewell book that's coming out?? Don't remember the title but we got a preview just recently at the squadron... it looks very well done, I'll have to get a copy.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Awesome. Looking forward to it. I'll send all my friends to see it while I toil at OCS.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Merged the two Speed & Angels threads. First time I've tried that so apologies if anything came out chaotic.