• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

lucian_boy

i was on cruise when they filmed this movie. the female pilot is from the squadron formaly known as vf-213 and i was on they last tomcat cruise with them. i hope i can see me in the movie

B

Blutonski816

Yep, I thought I recognized her when I was looking through Vf-213 pics on Flikr...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, I thought I recognized her when I was looking through Vf-213 pics on [URL="http://www.flickr.com[/URL]...

OPSEC anyone? (No, not necessarily a hit against you Blutonski) But was any thought put into the fact that those photos will be able to be seen by anyone on the internet?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Looks like an oustanding film that hopefully will give us some good perspective from the OIF Air Ops side.

ThetaChi

pilot
http://dogfight13.com/

seems to have the same trailer plus other neat video clips...:icon_smil

A few of us were headed back from a x-country on the west coast a couple of weeks ago and ran into one of those guys in the Last of the Dogfighters video (an O-5). We were trying to get several jets around some wx to get back home and ended up making several of the same stops that he did. Really interesting to talk to....and funny to see him in a movie trailer a couple of weeks later.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Has there been more than one of these Dogfighter's videos out? They look pretty good, although I could not find any real info on the release of the film on the web.

Out.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has there been more than one of these Dogfighter's videos out? They look pretty good, although I could not find any real info on the release of the film on the web.

Out.

These are all just project/indie films that will likely not see any kind of meaningful release, however entertaining. The general public just isn't interested enough in this kind of documentary for them to make money through wide distribution.

Brett

Screamtruth

นักมวย
These are all just project/indie films that will likely not see any kind of meaningful release, however entertaining. The general public just isn't interested enough in this kind of documentary for them to make money through wide distribution.

Brett

And you know...that is sad. Terribly sad. BTW, a majority of the crap that comes out of of "corporate" Hollywood, I cannot even stand to watch. I have not even been to a movie since I took my kids to Ice Age, and they would probably watch the Dogfighter film with the same interest.

As a side note, is there any way of obtaining these videos?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And you know...that is sad. Terribly sad. BTW, a majority of the crap that comes out of of "corporate" Hollywood, I cannot even stand to watch. I have not even been to a movie since I took my kids to Ice Age, and they would probably watch the Dogfighter film with the same interest.

As a side note, is there any way of obtaining these videos?

I'm not defending the quality of what Hollywood puts out, but when you use words like "Corporate Hollywood" as a pejorative, it makes me wonder what else you think that they're supposed to do. Let's not forget that the film industry is a business and its purpose is to make money. The films they market are a reflection of what the mass audience wants to see. If they spent all their time and money producing films to a niche market of aviation fans, there wouldn't be a film industry for very long. [/end capitalism 101 lesson]

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not defending the quality of what Hollywood puts out, but when you use words like "Corporate Hollywood" as a pejorative, it makes me wonder what else you think that they're supposed to do. Let's not forget that the film industry is a business and its purpose is to make money.
As much as I can't stand much of what comes out of Hollywood, I respect the right of filmakers to make a buck even if it condemns the U.S. Soldier/Airman/Sailor/Marine. For me, I like to see when people go to the movies because that tells me they are doing ok and have the discretionary income to go watch a flick, regardless of whether I agree with the message of said flick or not.