• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

BullGator

Exactly. Think of it like Windows vs. Mac They are their own formats, and thus not interchangeable.

May be a good reason to buy a bluray player. Or you can just watch it on google videos.
Yeah, thought so about blueray, but as you can probably tell I don't know a lot about this video or computer stuff.

I looked at google videos, and it offers about 10 three minute trailor-type clips. Can you download the entire movie on any other web site?

That'd be nice to watch it free and buy it when it comes out, assuming it's that good, to watch on the bigger screen.

I found this Final Countdown movie for free online too:
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/the_final_countdown/
I heard on another thread it was good and worth a look. Problem is that that watch-movies site doesn't have Speed and Angels...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Final Countdown. . .pure campy awesomeness. Answered that age old question, who WOULD win in a fight between the Turkey and the Zero.

Speed and Angels? Meh, saw it once, no desire to see it again.:sleep_125

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Yeah, thought so about blueray, but as you can probably tell I don't know a lot about this video or computer stuff.

I looked at google videos, and it offers about 10 three minute trailor-type clips. Can you download the entire movie on any other web site?

That'd be nice to watch it free and buy it when it comes out, assuming it's that good, to watch on the bigger screen.

I found this Final Countdown movie for free online too:
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/the_final_countdown/
I heard on another thread it was good and worth a look. Problem is that that watch-movies site doesn't have Speed and Angels...

PM sent. From 1+07 on is a great portrayal of how things can go great, or wrong for any Naval Aviator.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Exactly. Think of it like Windows vs. Mac They are their own formats, and thus not interchangeable.

Well, actually, Macs can read most PC files. So a Mac is more like a blueray player, it can read its stuff and regular DVDs.

So...uh...there.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Well, actually, Macs can read most PC files. So a Mac is more like a blueray player, it can read its stuff and regular DVDs.

So...uh...there.

Seriously guys! Who didn't know that???

geek.jpg

Duh. ;)

BullGator

Haha, thanks guys for the guidance and I guess I missed out on the blueray. It's hard to tell from the onset which one will last. I heard dvd may be obsolete soon. I guess I'd equate it to vhs::beta -I bought beta in this case. (Born in '83 so I "think" that's right.) Too bad I don't own a video-game console: Those are supposed to play any type of disk too. The last system I bought was Nint 64 and now I will just play football from time to time on a friends' newer console.

Fester, if I am breaking a rule or having bad "AW manners" I will be happy to take that link down or at least take note for the future. - Everyone can google "free online movies" from now on, that's what I did and just clicked the first link...

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Here's a true nerd fact. The fight was between BluRay and HD DVD...standard DVD is the old format and it will be a little while before it goes away. BluRay won the battle by the way and the only game console that will play them is the PS3 so far. The XBox360 had an external HD DVD drive that you could plug into it but since that lost out there are just a bunch of people out there who bought them and will no longer be able to use them. Sony invented BluRay technology and Toshiba (I believe) invented HD DVD...Sony won.

Sorry for being so nerd-tastic but before I decided to apply for NFO I worked in television as an audio recording engineer. Feel free to ask me any other home theater related questions.

Now, back to the topic. Can anyone PM me a link to Speed & Angels online (the whole thing)?

BullGator

Here's a true nerd fact. The fight was between BluRay and HD DVD...standard DVD is the old format and it will be a little while before it goes away. BluRay won the battle by the way and the only game console that will play them is the PS3 so far. The XBox360 had an external HD DVD drive that you could plug into it but since that lost out there are just a bunch of people out there who bought them and will no longer be able to use them. Sony invented BluRay technology and Toshiba (I believe) invented HD DVD...Sony won.

Sorry for being so nerd-tastic but before I decided to apply for NFO I worked in television as an audio recording engineer. Feel free to ask me any other home theater related questions.

Now, back to the topic. Can anyone PM me a link to Speed & Angels online (the whole thing)?
Cool facts. Sent a PM.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Thanks...I watched it. It was pretty cool. I thought it was interesting how difficult they said it was to be a fighter pilot. It almost sounded as though fighter pilots only came out of the academy. I'm not sure because they didn't touch on it much but is it equally as hard for NFO's to get placed in jets? I didn't go to the Naval Academy, nor did any of the 20 or so other SNA's and SNFO's that are slated to report to OCS the same day as me.