• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service selection (Spring '08)

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I just heard from an NROTC unit commander today who said, "Last year, every MIDN across the country who desired to fly, was commissioning and was qualified physically was accepted into the pipeline."

Is this what you people are seeing? Do you know anyone who took a commission, passed the physicals, but did not get SNA who wanted SNA?

Checkert

The scientific process goes 'boink'?
Things seem to be backed up medically this year, at least at our unit. (4 different medical officers in 6 months might have something to do with it) For the SNFO's, 4 out of 4, all heard right away back in December that we were good to go. The SNA's hopefuls are just finally hearing the good news, almost a month late. So far, no one has gotten rejected yet that i know of. I do know some people this year and last that got turned away from SWO though.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
University of Utah people found out a few days before Christmas - everyone who wanted 1390 got it. As for last year, I know a guy who wanted pilot but was selected for NFO...but I guess when he reported he got switched over to pilot.

whalepelt

From speaking to some folks, it looks like they're undermanned for SNA right now, which is one reason just about everyone who wants it has a good shot. We hit the right part of the wave.

rookie7734

None
My son at the University of San Diego called yesterday to let us know that he finally got the word. He got SNFO, but not sure on a report date to Pensacola.

war eagle

same at my unit.... everyone that wanted sna or snfo got it. it's been that way for the last 2 or 3 graduating classes if i remember right...

sucks some of you guys had to wait so long to find out, but congrats anyways.

Sub dio

service selection

MIDN here at ODU. I put pilot first, subs second, and NFO third. Still haven't heard anything. My LT has no information for me why. I have a good engineering GPA and perfect ASTB. IDK what gives... this is really frustrating though.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
MIDN here at ODU. I put pilot first, subs second, and NFO third. Still haven't heard anything. My LT has no information for me why. I have a good engineering GPA and perfect ASTB. IDK what gives... this is really frustrating though.

perfect ASTB? damn

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
From what I heard talking to our LT he said Subs was 35 or so short on their goal. Most people who had subs anywhere on their selection sheet got held. Maybe they are trying to lure you in?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even people who don't have anything nuke related are being held up. My roommate put SWO first and she hasn't heard back yet. Our XO said it's because she's an engineer and they want her to go SWO nuke despite the fact she didn't put it anywhere on her sheet and hell would freeze over before she went nuke.

Sub dio

Most people who had subs anywhere on their selection sheet got held. Maybe they are trying to lure you in?

Well if thats the case how does just holding me up some how make me change my mind? Shouldn't they contact me and ask if i want to switch, I sure as hell am not going to do anything for them because they are holding my package. That doesn't really make sense, maybe its something else.

whalepelt

...Shouldn't they contact me and ask if i want to switch... That doesn't really make sense, maybe its something else.

They never actually tried to contact me either. I think they want a nuke at your unit to talk to you about it. From what I heard, they're trying to get some people who were 'on the fence' to jump their way.

And besides, who ever said the Navy had to make sense?:D