• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service selection (Spring '08)

phrogpilot73

Actually, MLT was 3 weeks at OCS and 1 week at TBS. I remember because I got fried there.

When you say Leatherneck became required, you mean just for the folks that wanted to go USMC, right?
Yeah, I neglected to mention the 1 week at TBS. For me, it was a waste of time. Actually, MLT in general was a waste of time.

Yes, I meant that Leatherneck was required of dudes that wanted to go into the Big Green Machine...

metsRdirty88

Future Aviators

I just heard the other day that I got selected for aviation...so I know that I won't be headed to Pensacola right away but does anyone know what, if any, training we do over the summer?

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Looks like us at Auburn were the among the last to hear, but I'll see you in P'cola as a 1390

DMace55

Unfortunately, those at Penn State have not gotten any information about pilot/nfo selections. I think all the officers are on leave or something...

war eagle

found out the day after christmas... 1370.

congrats to everyone.... let's start the countdown to graduation

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Everyone got their first choice from GW NROTC even our SEAL-hopeful... We're just waiting for the rest of our Nuke-hopefuls to interview.

DMace55

Just got word this morning...selected for Pilot. It was my first choice. So far I know, of the 5 that applied that 2 including myself got selected for pilot.

USN99

USN99
None
Stats check

Does anyone have any info on the total NROTC selections for FY08, i.e., what percentages got SWO, Aviation, USMC, SEAL, Nuke, all others? :confused:

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I neglected to mention the 1 week at TBS. For me, it was a waste of time. Actually, MLT in general was a waste of time.

Yes, I meant that Leatherneck was required of dudes that wanted to go into the Big Green Machine...

Actually, they've changed it here now. They really upped the amount of marine billets out of the academy this year, so leatherneck wasn't mandatory for the first time. I know at least 15-20 people who got marine corps without going to leatherneck. Word on the street is they're going to increase the number of marine billets out of here by at least an additional 30 for the class of '09. Anyway, I got 1370 too, so I'll see y'all down in p'cola!

whalepelt

So get this...my name got pulled from the list because the F-ING nukes thought I looked good on paper. They held my designation because they wanted to ask me if I wanted nuke. Jee...maybe it I wanted nuke I would have put it on my service selection form now I have to wait till the next board... WTF...F-ing nukes.

Have you heard anything yet? It looks like I'm in the same boat and I haven't gotten much in the way of word on when I'll actually get selection back.

whalepelt

epps,

I just heard today that I (unofficially) picked up pilot. If you haven't heard anything yet, you might be able to get some news if you go politely and respectfully annoy the crap out of the folks at your unit.