• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service selection (Spring '08)

Sub dio

And besides, who ever said the Navy had to make sense?:D

Very true haha. Common sense seems to be at a premium. Well my LT is actually the nuke contact for our unit so I would think he would know about any evil little schemes to get nukes. IDK whats going on but thanks for the insight guys.

DMace55

For all those waiting for selections. This is what our CO told us a few weeks ago:
The navy filled only ~30% of the pilot/aviation slots to the top picks. The Navy then realized they needed ~34 more nuke spots to fill. So they froze the process to re-look the rest of the pilot (and other applicants) to fill those nuke spots first. Leaving the SWOs and the rest of the pilots to not be selected yet.
Then once the nuke spots fill they will fill the rest of the pilots and
SWOs. Its the military so it could take awhile....

I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting

Random Task

pilot
finally heard about it...got 1390!!!...also DMace, most of that is true however it was much more than 30% more like 70% and it was the first in not the top picks. So for those of you still waiting they really arent filling the slots in any ranked order so dont worry too much...

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Sounds like Nuke would be a good thing NOT to put on your application as a 2nd or 3rd choice! lol.

dmsmall13

Still Haven't Heard

It seems that everyone at the University of South Florida was the last to hear. I was just told last week that I am still pending. I was told either Pilot or NFO but that no decision has been made. I am really getting sick of all this waiting crap. I can't believe it has taken this long.

-David

Sub dio

OK so finally I think I know what going on now. Although my Lt. previously had said that it wasn't the reason, it's obvious that putting subs as a choice screwed me, because I just was required to fill out a nuke application today...apparently the reason is so they can narrow the field of people to try and convince to change their mind. He's like yeah they will probably be trying to contact/meet/give you sub tours in the coming weeks. God i'm regretting putting it on there, I could have been selected in Dec.

dmsmall13

I am not qualified for Nuke because I am advanced Standing with no Calc or Physics in my background and i am not an engineer. Whyt he hell was I held up and why haven't I heard yet?!?!?! This is crap. I am so pissed that so many people found out in December and here we are in mid-February and I have only been narrowed down. This sucks.

David

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Found out on Friday here at USMMA.
Selected for Pilot.
10 out of 16 got Pilot, 3-4 got NFO, and then there were a few who didnt get anything.
At USMMA going active duty is an option, so you only put down what communities you want.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Not if you were a college programmer all 4 years. Calc and physics are only required for Navy options on scholarship.

Also not for Marine options (not that they'd be facing this nuke problem anyway). Edit: Oops...sorry I didn't read your whole post. I'm retarded.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Not if you were a college programmer all 4 years. Calc and physics are only required for Navy options on scholarship.

i don't get something- why is there a difference? why make some people take calculus and physics and others aren't required to take it. i mean, everyones commission at the end is the same right? so what is the navy trying to accomplish by having this difference? :confused: