• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

service selection (Spring '08)

Ace_Austin

pilot
Just relax and enjoy the wait. (If thats even possible.) When word gets out I'm sure you'll know in short order. I found out DEC19th last year at our winter grads pinning from the CO, so that before XMAS ballpark sounds about right. Good Luck.

war eagle

yeah the whole "sometime before christmas" rumor seems to be about right. i know the may/august grads from my unit, at least for the last two years, have heard sometime over christmas break. i know that i'm looking forward to that phone call...

now i just have to pass aero propulsion, haha

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
At least other schools call, our skipper passes it off to the XO who sends out a mass e-mail.

Hah....it could be worse. A buddy of mine literally didn't hear it "officially" from the CO until the day he detached from the unit and drove to P-cola (obviously his orders cleared it up before then, but the whole notification process is a little informal at my unit)

My email was from my company LT, who basically said:

"MIDN xxx

Hey, you got that Nuke slot you wanted.

hahah....just joking, you got pilot.
R/ LT"

So things could be worse

war eagle

haha, yeah a friend of mine two years ago got the call from his LT and he said "well MIDN XXX, you got 1390." and he didn't know the designators at the time so his response was something like "umm... uuuuuhhhhhhh......." to which the LT replied, "hey, that's pilot."

i laughed at him. but to joke with you in an e-mail like that, that's cruel!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Word on the street is that certain communities are starting to trickle out. One of my buddies in my ROTC unit just found out he got SEAL two days ago.

It wasn't via his chain of command though, he had a contact, so who knows how long it'll take for the rest of us to hear.

Random Task

pilot
My XO told me that the boards should be done and that they probably have all the names written in pencil. Apparently they are just trying to see if they can even out number as there is a huge shortage of 1370 and nukes. From what I know almost all qualified 1370 first choices were granted. Once they get all the people that are willing to switch switched then they will write the names in pen and publish them to the units.

gotta_fly

pilot
Thanks for the update epps. Any idea when that might be? Also, does that mean that if we put in for 1390 we might be voluntold to take 1370 instead?

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Random Task

pilot
The fact is the only thing they can "voluntell" you to do is SWO. Everything else is legit volunteer service. Basically all they can do is hold your designation for a few months to see if you will cave in and switch but if you don't cave they will most likely just give you your 1390 because, I'm assuming, your fully qualified. This happened to a couple of people in my unit in the past and they all got 1390 eventually. Also 1390 is understaffed as well just so happens nuke and 1370 are more so understaffed so it shouldn't be a big problem. "Don't sweat, the worst that can happen is you wait an extra while" is what my XO said.