• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Notices

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hahaha.....in a strange turn of events we had some pretty unexpected service selections at my unit. An additional SNA and two SNFO selectees were notified today. Not only did they not put SNA or SNFO as their choice (all three wanted SWO, and two of them didn't even put SNA or SNFO as second choice), but only one had even taken the ASTB and none have had a flight physical as of today's notification. Apparently they have to retroactively take the ASTB and get a passing score.

Same thing happened here, two kids that wanted SWO got NFO. They're working on getting them SWO though. But good news for me I guess. Provided I pass this flight physical next week (crossing fingers!) I guess next year if I request NFO I'll get it!

kaytr0n

Same thing happened here, two kids that wanted SWO got NFO. They're working on getting them SWO though. But good news for me I guess. Provided I pass this flight physical next week (crossing fingers!) I guess next year if I request NFO I'll get it!

Same at UW! We have 7 URL Mids, and the breakdown was so unexpected:
2 - SNAs, 1st choice
1 - SNA, 2nd choice (He put SWO 1st)
1 - SNFO, 2nd choice (I put SWO 1st)
1 - SNFO, 3rd choice (He put SWO 1st too)
2 - SWOs, 1st choice

What's even wierder is that it's not even final. I was the only one who actually got my physical and the ASTB done. I'm all excited now, but I'd hate for them to change their minds.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Weirest thing. Last semester we had an OC who was hard core SWO, but initially got SNFO. We all thought it was kinda funny becuase he ragged on the Flyers (presant and aspiring) so much. But fortunately, he later got what he wanted.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I am one of those guys who put SWO first and got selected for NFO. I grew up in around aviation, so I am still psyched. I was a little disconcerted that I didn't get picked up for SWO though.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I am one of those guys who put SWO first and got selected for NFO. I grew up in around aviation, so I am still psyched. I was a little disconcerted that I didn't get picked up for SWO though.

Too many JO SWO's in the fleet? (again - like last year?)

Red

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Now I'm just waiting for the day when someone can fail out of SWO and get sent to aviation.