• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Notices

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
He was also the social equivalent of a pile of lukewarm ramen noodles. He ended up marrying this 18 year old nerd girl and I'm sure they're found a way of reproducing asexually by creating clones of themselves out of their fingernail clippings, or some such monstrosity.

Brett

Brett, I know we've had our differences, but that second half there was priceless. It's rare for me to laugh out loud at something I read, but I just did.

thull

Seems like there's one in every command. In my first squadron, there was this NFO that had various engineering degrees from MIT but was otherwise completely useless. The guy was clearly brilliant, but he would over-think even the most simple things and get bogged down in the details to the point of being completely ineffective. Utter inability to grasp the concept of the "I believe" button. He was also the social equivalent of a pile of lukewarm ramen noodles. He ended up marrying this 18 year old nerd girl and I'm sure they're found a way of reproducing asexually by creating clones of themselves out of their fingernail clippings, or some such monstrosity.

Brett

:icon_lol:

Tennis21

I got my scholarship to University of San Diego on October 30. My application was fully completed in august.

ignore this wasnt reading the forum

Tennis21

Im going into my freshman year for NROTC in the fall of 07, what kinds of things are most important and help you to be ranked high in your class?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
There is a direct correlation with smarts and social stupidity. It's not a hard an fast rule, but it works a lot of the time. I went to an Engineering school... believe me, I've seen it all. There is a reason the Navy doesn't have a lot of 1600 SAT types.

This is beyond true. This statement's "truthiness" is extremely high.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is a direct correlation with smarts and social stupidity.

I always referred to it as being intelligent and being smart. A 4.0 Engineering major maybe intelligent, but can have no smarts, especially in a social situation.

Im going into my freshman year for NROTC in the fall of 07, what kinds of things are most important and help you to be ranked high in your class?

Bunk's post pretty much nailed it. Don't worry about it. Get good grades and don't be on the bad list w/ the unit staff.

Another advantage to BDCP and OCS.....

The problem w/ that statement is that I've seen some cases of said intelligent/not smart person who has come in via OCS in some form and can't integrate into the ward/readyroom because they didn't have the Navy-shaping experience of cruise, life on the yard, or some E-6 ECP giving them constant crap to clue them in. Certainly not the norm, but one particular case comes to mind from my last squadron. Brett's "utterly useless" statement takes me back. The horror....

UMichfly

pilot
None
Our XO just sent out our service selections and I'm happy as hell I got 1390. Everyone we put up for it got it...guess Michigan will be well represented in P'cola in April.

UMichfly

pilot
None
We selected 6 including myself. 5 mids and an OC. Surprisingly, no SNFOs at all...yet. We've got a couple of non-selects getting pushed that way.