• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Notices

BadBobJr.

Auburn Aviation Hopeful
This is probably pretty early, but just curious if any of those who are graduating in May have found out their selections yet. Anyone heard anything?

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
My LT says January....

but I remembered this discussion from last year and just went back to review it (search for "service selection results" and don't forget to set it to go back a full year) so here goes...

SEALs find out first...in last year's case: Dec 14th
Everyone else seems to have found out starting on Dec 22nd

Apparently Big Navy tries to get them out before Christmas but there are no guarantees. Also, this is pretty deep into the Christmas season so there are typically problems disseminating the information (i.e. middies on break, staff on leave, etc.) so make sure your LT has good contact info.

Luckily, I hear they're still hurting for NFOs as that is my #1 choice.

Best of luck to y'all and Merry Christmas!!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not to take away from the Academy guys, but it's a different "pot" of billets. NETC's allotment is separate from the Academy's.

S3b_viking

Academy found out Nov 15, but we don't decide report dates till Feb 22. This year they had set numbers that had to be met, no more no less, which meant people got drafted for sub's, NFO, and SWO.

MrSaturn

Contributor
Academy found out Nov 15, but we don't decide report dates till Feb 22. This year they had set numbers that had to be met, no more no less, which meant people got drafted for sub's, NFO, and SWO.

You can draft people for subs? Ooops failed the nuke interview back to NFO or SWO for me.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I wouldn't want to be the one busted for purposely failing a Nuke interview. Wait a second, this guy acts like a moron but he has a 3.5 in Aeronautical Engineering...what gives???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait a second, this guy acts like a moron but he has a 3.5 in Aeronautical Engineering...what gives???

Trust me, where engineers are concerned, that seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't want to be the one busted for purposely failing a Nuke interview. Wait a second, this guy acts like a moron but he has a 3.5 in Aeronautical Engineering...what gives???

There is a direct correlation with smarts and social stupidity. It's not a hard an fast rule, but it works a lot of the time. I went to an Engineering school... believe me, I've seen it all. There is a reason the Navy doesn't have a lot of 1600 SAT types.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a direct correlation with smarts and social stupidity. It's not a hard an fast rule, but it works a lot of the time. I went to an Engineering school... believe me, I've seen it all. There is a reason the Navy doesn't have a lot of 1600 SAT types.

Seems like there's one in every command. In my first squadron, there was this NFO that had various engineering degrees from MIT but was otherwise completely useless. The guy was clearly brilliant, but he would over-think even the most simple things and get bogged down in the details to the point of being completely ineffective. Utter inability to grasp the concept of the "I believe" button. He was also the social equivalent of a pile of lukewarm ramen noodles. He ended up marrying this 18 year old nerd girl and I'm sure they're found a way of reproducing asexually by creating clones of themselves out of their fingernail clippings, or some such monstrosity.

Brett