• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Never went there, but the best place I've ever eaten Mexican, and I've been to Texas and California, is Cactus Flower in Pensacola. It's on the spreadsheet. GO THERE.

Just wanted to say thanks for the rec. I went here tonight for dinner and VERY good. I can't say "the best," but easy top 10. How the hell did you find that place? It's a hole in the wall.

As for Indian, if anyone ever flies into Atlanta/Peachtree, there's a small hole in the wall Indian place two right turns from the FBO in a strip mall. Was pretty tasty and easy to get to if you have some wheels.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Just wanted to say thanks for the rec. I went here tonight for dinner and VERY good. I can't say "the best," but easy top 10. How the hell did you find that place? It's a hole in the wall.

Just doing my duty ;) Found it from a buddy of mine, we found it while in A-pool way back when.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Just doing my duty ;) Found it from a buddy of mine, we found it while in A-pool way back when.

wow reaching way back to what two years ago, that was back in the day-didnt even need salt on the table huh

(smiles simulated)

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I have to second Four Winds ( http://www.gofourwinds.com/ ).
Holy crap. That place has EVERYHING, ethnic foods, teas, coffees, beer, wine, barrels of beans, grains and olives, as well as all kinds of cheeses and fresh breads. I went there for lunch and ended up getting two baskets of stuff and a box of wine. Their lunch was amazing, and we ended up getting most of it boxed up to go. It's a great value for what you're getting.

The moment you walk in they're forcing samples of everything in the store on you. At first I thought they were just nice, but as they were ringing me up I realized I had been tricked. They're like crack dealers giving first timers a free taste. . . they know you can't resist buying more. I suggest eating lunch there before you begin your shopping if you don't want to blow your paycheck. This has to be one of the coolest stores I have ever been to. I never would have thought you could get all these gourmet foods and drinks in P'cola.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyingBeagle said:
I have to second Four Winds ( http://www.gofourwinds.com/ ).
Holy crap. That place has EVERYHING, ethnic foods, teas, coffees, beer, wine, barrels of beans, grains and olives, as well as all kinds of cheeses and fresh breads. I went there for lunch and ended up getting two baskets of stuff and a box of wine. Their lunch was amazing, and we ended up getting most of it boxed up to go. It's a great value for what you're getting.

The moment you walk in they're forcing samples of everything in the store on you. At first I thought they were just nice, but as they were ringing me up I realized I had been tricked. They're like crack dealers giving first timers a free taste. . . they know you can't resist buying more. I suggest eating lunch there before you begin your shopping if you don't want to blow your paycheck. This has to be one of the coolest stores I have ever been to. I never would have thought you could get all these gourmet foods and drinks in P'cola.

Another victim hooked :) Ain't it great?

ELLEMARIE

My dad was an NFO so I've been in and out of Pensacola my whole life. Here are my pics
1. Franco's, been eating there since it was Marcello's
2. Smokey's BBQ
3. Cracker Barrell, I know it's chain, but I love the bacon.

My mom and dad love some place called Bone FIsh, but I don't know where it is.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
WTF man, 2 and 3 are both chains. Not cool. :)

Bonefish is great, it's a chain too, but worth it

Swmtb

Sneakin'
I totally agree with all of you on Four Winds, a rare find in these parts. On a similar note, my latest discovery:
Mediterranean Plus Restaurant (yeah, kindof weird name I know), on 2900 E Cervantes,, is pretty awesome, they serve mainly Lebanese food, but also some Greek/Italian fare. Also, it's not too pricey. If you've never tried Lebanese food, I recommend it... and this restaurant is a good place to start.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Billy Bob's Beach BBQ in Gulf Breeze. Go for the pulled pork, stay for the fried okra.

Don't go to Aegean Breeze, the Greek restaurant next door. Love Greek food, but AB sucked.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
I haven't read the whole post but I haven't seen anything about The Oval Office. The best hamburger I've ever eaten. Fried onions, cheese and a big fat burger in a dive bar...reminds me of home. It's on the way to Milton just off I-10.

snort

Banned
phrogdriver said:
Billy Bob's Beach BBQ in Gulf Breeze. Go for the pulled pork, stay for the fried okra.

I concur, the BBQ's good, but the sides are better.

IMO, Smokey's has the best BBQ, but it's rather mundane compared to places around Birmingham and Atlanta.

@FLY NAVY: I went to an Indian restaurant in Mobile last month with a friend. Not as good as London's Indian, but, good.

As for seafood, buy it fresh, and learn how to cook. ;)

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
I really liked the Snowcrab and amazingly FRESH seafood at "The Oyster Bar" righ at the intersection of 98 and Navy Blvd, about 3 miles out the front gate of NAS Pensacola. The sign got trashed in the last hurricane, but the food is great!

snort

Banned
Purdue said:
I really liked the Snowcrab and amazingly FRESH seafood at "The Oyster Bar" righ at the intersection of 98 and Navy Blvd, about 3 miles out the front gate of NAS Pensacola. The sign got trashed in the last hurricane, but the food is great!
Thanks Purdue,

I was last over there around 10 yrs ago, but, I'm planning a P'cola summer tour.
Their seafood was always fresh, and I'll be sure to hit them. They had really good, fresh oysters. Snapper was good too.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
snort said:
IMO, Smokey's has the best BBQ, but it's rather mundane compared to places around Birmingham and Atlanta.

My roommate is from North Carolina. He would shoot you in the face if he read this lol.

snort

Banned
Fly Navy said:
My roommate is from North Carolina. He would shoot you in the face if he read this lol.
Nah, I'd shoot him first. LOL

North Carolina has great BBQ, but it's quite a drive from P'cola. Only a short plane ride, though.