• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

Fre@kshow!!

Yes, I really was in the circus.
None
For desserts, there's a place just out the main gate of NAS Pensacola after you make the right onto Barrancas Blvd... it's a little sandwich shop on the left and the wait list for his cakes is a couple week long. The Hip Pocket... thank you google.

Swmtb

Sneakin'
Fre@kshow!! said:
For desserts, there's a place just out the main gate of NAS Pensacola after you make the right onto Barrancas Blvd... it's a little sandwich shop on the left and the wait list for his cakes is a couple week long. The Hip Pocket... thank you google.
Or, if you're a man, you go to Hip Pocket on a Thursday and get yourself a "Wimpy Burger". The only word I can think of to describe it with is: 'ridiculous'.

(However, the cakes there are tasty as well.)

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Swmtb said:
Or, if you're a man, you go to Hip Pocket on a Thursday and get yourself a "Wimpy Burger". The only word I can think of to describe it with is: 'ridiculous'.

Or try the 6" meatball sandwich. Didn't have it myself, but it's a lunch, dinner and lunch again kinda sandwich. Guy who got it while I was there was skeptical that a 6" sandwich was going to fill him up until he got it. Each meatball is, no joke, the size of a softball, and there're three of them.

Anyone know anything about Geno's Pizza Deli up north of I-10? I've heard a few good things about it but not sure.

Incidentally, while I enjoy the beer and the running club there, I'm not a fan of the food at McGuire's. It's not bad, it's just there are other places in town that are a lot better overall, especially for seafood, etc. The steaks are their best feature, but they look really small when they bring them out.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
anyone ever finished the wimpy burger in under the time limit? I'm a pensacola native and I spent a ton of time at...... Waffle House! =)

Swmtb

Sneakin'
The wimpy burger is at least two or three meals for me, and then there's still a little something-something left for the dog.
Snack-attack, motherf-er!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan1976 said:
anyone know any Indian restaurants in Pcola or neighboring areas?

Ah yes, the ever present Indian question. Finest food on the planet. Unfortunately the answer is no, not in Pensacola. I am aware of a place in Mobile, but I've never eaten there. I believe it's near one of the airports, Downtown or Regional. Never found one out in Fort Walton/Destin.

GMan1976

Banned
Fly Navy said:
Ah yes, the ever present Indian question. Finest food on the planet. Unfortunately the answer is no, not in Pensacola. I am aware of a place in Mobile, but I've never eaten there. I believe it's near one of the airports, Downtown or Regional. Never found one out in Fort Walton/Destin.

SO UNFORTUNATE!! I can't believe that I'm over an hour away from any form of Vindaloo or Tikka Masala. Good ol' cosmopolitan Pensacola. :(

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan1976 said:
SO UNFORTUNATE!! I can't believe that I'm over an hour away from any form of Vindaloo or Tikka Masala. Good ol' cosmopolitan Pensacola. :(

Get used to it

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
There was an awesome pizza joint on the beach in Perdido...forgot the name. For those of you in Milton who like ribs, theres a joint up the road, in Brewton, Al that has the best.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
What was the name of the joint off of i-10 near UWF before you got to the bridge to Pace....that had the midget throwing contest night?

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
A great place for Mexican food is Michicano on Saufley Field Road between Mobile Hwy and Blue Angel. Great food and 33% discount with Military I.D.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
usnphoenix said:
A great place for Mexican food is Michicano on Saufley Field Road between Mobile Hwy and Blue Angel. Great food and 33% discount with Military I.D.

Never went there, but the best place I've ever eaten Mexican, and I've been to Texas and California, is Cactus Flower in Pensacola. It's on the spreadsheet. GO THERE.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I Went to the Melting Pot on saturday and experienced the worst service of my life. The server actually dropped a plate and splattered food on my friend without even noticing. Sat there for 4 hours having to cook my own food at absurd prices. I recommend never going there.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
GMan1976 said:
If we wanted Indian food in P'cola, we'd have asked for it.

We didn't ask.

Seriously though, probably better off in Mobile. More port traffic, more ethnicity. It's like asking for a good Chinese joint in Potosi, Wisconsin - it just probably isn't gonna happen.