• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

GMan1976

Banned
My dad was an NFO so I've been in and out of Pensacola my whole life. Here are my pics
1. Franco's, been eating there since it was Marcello's
2. Smokey's BBQ
3. Cracker Barrell, I know it's chain, but I love the bacon.

My mom and dad love some place called Bone FIsh, but I don't know where it is.

Bonefish is on 12th near the airport. It's a chain, but still very good stuff.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, and it's VERY GOOD! It's called "Tu Do". It's on Davis a block north of Creighton. Vietnamese owned and operated. Authentic and delicious! Ate there tonight as a matter of fact!

Yep, it's on my list which should be somewhere in this thread...

and like you mentioned, Bonefish is very good too.

I still maintain that Fish House is the best restaurant in town (with the best sushi)

GMan1976

Banned
Another victim hooked :) Ain't it great?

4 Winds is good, but it's shady. They're quite overpriced on the items they DO mark. With the unmarked items, the manager decides what he feels like charging depending on how much he thinks he can get from you. So far I've paid 2 different prices on Indian Vindaloo sauce and 2 different prices on Japanese Edamane. I highly recommend their deli sandwiches though (esp the mufaletta! yum!)

There's a World Market in the Cordova mall shopping center that has a lot of good stuff, but being that it's a chain there's lots they don't have as well.

GMan1976

Banned
Yep, it's on my list which should be somewhere in this thread...

and like you mentioned, Bonefish is very good too.

I still maintain that Fish House is the best restaurant in town (with the best sushi)

Ichiban on Davis is another great sushi place. Very affordable (Nigiri is $3-$5 for 2 pieces and the fish almost COMPLETELY covers the rice and touches the plate)! Also on Sat nights is all you can eat for 25 bones.

The atmosphere and quality is what I would expect from a hip So Cal sushi bar. You even take off your shoes to sit in the booths!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
4 Winds is good, but it's shady. They're quite overpriced on the items they DO mark. With the unmarked items, the manager decides what he feels like charging depending on how much he thinks he can get from you. So far I've paid 2 different prices on Indian Vindaloo sauce and 2 different prices on Japanese Edamane. I highly recommend their deli sandwiches though (esp the mufaletta! yum!)

There's a World Market in the Cordova mall shopping center that has a lot of good stuff, but being that it's a chain there's lots they don't have as well.

World Market is fun, but doesn't compare to Four Winds.

Yeah, the guy that runs Four Winds is like a car salesman. He always liked me though and I think he would price my stuff fair, sometimes give me a deal. Remember how foreign markets work... you may be able to haggle him down.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Remember how foreign markets work... you may be able to haggle him down.

You can definitely haggle with the guy at Four Winds. Sometimes I think he lives for it. Be careful though ... I am pretty good at haggling, and this guy beat me one time.

I went home with a good price on the pickled garlic I originally went in for, but I walked out with 10 other things I had no intent to buy.

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
I know exactly what you guys mean. James Tarabay could sell ice to an eskimo. My folks were foodies and raised me to eat all kinds of wacky stuff and four winds has an amazing selection of stuff I never expected to find in pensacola, markups or no. I actually was able to buy both greek coffee and a briki to make it in. I would never have figured that to be possible in the redneck riviera. Their cheese menu makes it worth the trip (I live down by the NAS).

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Gettin' back to restaurants:
Any recommendations in the Seattle/Tacoma area? Our sim is at McChord AFB yearly, and I always go to Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor for fish & chips and a few Alaskan Ambers, and there is a place in a former firehouse (Ladder 45 or something), I go to as well.

And I see quite a few people share a quirk with me...no freakin' chain restaurants! (OK, go to Bonefish every once in a while...there are few exceptions:) ).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gettin' back to restaurants:
Any recommendations in the Seattle/Tacoma area? Our sim is at McChord AFB yearly, and I always go to Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor for fish & chips and a few Alaskan Ambers, and there is a place in a former firehouse (Ladder 45 or something), I go to as well.

And I see quite a few people share a quirk with me...no freakin' chain restaurants! (OK, go to Bonefish every once in a while...there are few exceptions:) ).

My absolute favorite restaurant/bar is Cutter's on Western Ave. It's on the water near Pike Place Market, amazing food, awesome bar, and very reasonable prices. It's the kind of place where you can just hang in the bar after dinner and meet people.

Brett

MasterBates

Just found a decent BBQ place in Carver, MA.

About a 5 minute drive from Plymouth Muni Airport (KPYM) and about 1/2 hour from Otis ANGB on Cape Cod.

Little Red Smokehouse is the name of the place. It's on MA-58 in South Carver. Good BBQ, decent prices, and a selection of beers that would make your head spin. (now if it was withing walking/biking distance from Walkin' Ass Acres) BBQ is better than most in the Jacksonville area. More of a Texas style, but they have St. Louis and Carolina style as well.

From KPYM, Turn left on So. Meadow road, take til it ends at MA-58. Turn left (south) and go about 3 miles. You will pass "Edaville Railroad" and "King Richards Faire". It is in the Country Junction plaza just before MA-58 makes a hard right on Tremont St.

From Otis ANGB, Take MA-28 North, over the Bourne Bridge and continue on MA-25 West. MA-25 becomes I-495 North at I-195. Take Exit 2 (MA-58) take a right at the top of the ramp. Go about 2-1/2 miles, MA-58 will bear left onto South Main St. in Carver. Plaza is first left after this turn.

And 2 of 3 waitresses were hot, too.