• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
zuggerat said:
LOL... i guess i had that coming

but seriously... does anyone cook still?

Yeah I cook, when I have the time and I'm not flying/simming at night. And its cheaper too.

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
this list is extensive ;)

Where was this F'ing list before my vacation in P'cola. Dang I had to roll the dice on all the places we ate. Luckily we hit the Flounder. I love Diesel Fuel.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Where was this F'ing list before my vacation in P'cola. Dang I had to roll the dice on all the places we ate. Luckily we hit the Flounder. I love Diesel Fuel.

Diesel Fuel... aka Long Island Ice Tea :) (Good stuff)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, see my previous post with the Excel speadsheet attached. I updated it inidicators showing what I think are "must eats" and places I haven't been. Mind you, I haven't lived in Pcola since October, so this list is hardly comprehensive or updated with regards to addresses, new restaurants, closed restaurants.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
snizo said:
....what about good places in Corpus? =)

HAHAHAHAHA Good one.

There actually are a few good places to eat in Corpus. If you like Mexican... Well, you're in the right place for it. If you don't like it, all I can say is that it's going to be a long few months. If asian food is more your speed, then I recommend the Imperial Cafe on Staples. Other than that... Hope you like Whataburger.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Snoopy's out on the island is good for seafood, and again most of its fried. I hear that Dragonfly, also on the island, is good but I've never been there. Then of course you've got all the chain places on SPID, but I'm sure you already know about those. So yeah, I think Gaijin got it right.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Downtown Corpus has the Water Street Seafood Co. and its sister, the Water Street Oyster Bar. Same menu, different atmosphere at each place, as the oyster bar is more casual. For late-night greasy food, you can't beat Hurb's - just up the street from the Burger King, and open for a couple of hours after the bars shut down.

I used to like Doc's (Dock's? Whatever.) on the island, but had a rash of extremely bad service. Bad as in our waitress disappeared for almost an hour because she was severely hungover and puking over the rail of the patio. The food isn't anything special, as the views and waterside dining make it what it is. The pollution from the refineries creates some spectacular sunsets. As for mexican, I had some great food at La Playa, which is right next to Outback on the SPID. BJs (of course) for pizza and beer. Speaking of beer, Hooters has 99 cent domestic drafts, not to include Shiner (??) on Thursdays after 9.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the late night buffet at The Palace.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a real Hooters there now its not "Hoops" ? That place made me think of "McDowell's" in the movie coming to America.
Same outfit, not as hot and terrible food.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yup, an actual Hooters. The waitresses are mosly Del Mar and tamucc girls, and you're likely to see them if you go out (read: downtown) on a semi-regular basis. That's not necessarily a good thing.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not much of a threat of that now that CCAD is not working on our birds any more, used to be good for a trip or two a year but no more

Whalebite

Chops in Destin is excellent, pricy, but the waiters actually know what they are doing, and the food is excellent.

snizo

Supply Officer
I'd take Doc's over Snoopy's any day...The food at Snoopy's sucks. The service at Docs is really slow, but it is pretty good....

Yea The Playa is pretty good...

andi

Madison's (12th and Gonzalez in East Hill Pensacola, the old Sacred Heart Hospital building on the Gonzalez side) is great - good soup, great quiche.