• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

BrittO

pilot
meridian

just a quick shout out for Meridian..any good eats around here? just got in town!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Anyone have any recs for Chinese food? Fly, I saw you had China Fun, and since you hit a home run w/ the Flower mexican place, I'll give China Fun a try tonight, but wasn't sure if there's anything better. I know it's all relative, and it won't be anything like So Cal or HI, but how about something decent?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BrittO said:
just a quick shout out for Meridian..any good eats around here? just got in town!

Yes, when I get back from SERE I'll send you what I got (there right now).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Anyone have any recs for Chinese food? Fly, I saw you had China Fun, and since you hit a home run w/ the Flower mexican place, I'll give China Fun a try tonight, but wasn't sure if there's anything better. I know it's all relative, and it won't be anything like So Cal or HI, but how about something decent?

There is NO good chinese in the Pensacola area that I could find. Chinese food in the south, to my current experience, is terrible. Meridian has an ok place, and well, if you can find a PF Changs, that's ALWAYS good, but I don't think there is one near Pensacola. I dont' remember China Fun, it was probably ok. Nothing to write home about.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
There is NO good chinese in the Pensacola area that I could find. Chinese food in the south, to my current experience, is terrible. Meridian has an ok place, and well, if you can find a PF Changs, that's ALWAYS good, but I don't think there is one near Pensacola. I dont' remember China Fun, it was probably ok. Nothing to write home about.

Okay, thanks. I'd recommend a wave off on China Fun for those interested. It wasn't so fun last night.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
End of the line cafe

I've only been there for sunday brunch (11-2), so I can't comment on lunch or dinner, but I was impressed. They brought us about 6 different dishes including soup for a starter and bananna nut bread with chocolate sauce for dessert. All that, plus a drink was only 7.50, and I was stuffed.

Its at 610 E Wright St (behind the hockey stadium). I'd have never known about it, except that I read a review online. It's a small blue and purple building off the beaten path, and says "coffee haus" on the front. It looks like a bit grungy on the outside, but the food is worth it. Don't write it off just because it's a vegan restaurant. The food was great and highly underpriced.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WTF man, 2 and 3 are both chains. Not cool. :)

Bonefish is great, it's a chain too, but worth it

Ahem, appears ElleMarie is a woman, not a "man"

You have your favorite chain, she has hers...as simple as that. No need to be so harsh. :icon_smil

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
On the topic of asian food in Pensacola, do not not not go to the lone thai place in Pensacola... it's a thai *buffet*... I didn't know tom kha kai could be so awful.

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
On the topic of asian food in Pensacola, do not not not go to the lone thai place in Pensacola... it's a thai *buffet*... I didn't know tom kha kai could be so awful.

Emphatically agreed. My fiancé and I love Thai food, so we tried it out during one of my visits when we got a hankering for some good pad thai and drunken noodles. Lemme tell you, we sure didn't find it there--every item on the woefully limited buffet was lukewarm and flavorless. It's sad when Frednecksburg, VA can beat out a town on the culinary diversity angle.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Bangkok Garden on Navy? Used to be good, but they closed for some time before I left there. Maybe new ownership or whatever. Sad to hear.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There was a Vietnamese place on Davis Hwy along with some more on 98 between downtown and west pcola, but I never got to check them out.