• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Partial Mission Fail for me today. Lots of haze and pop up thunderstorms kept me from reaching the coast.

I’m willing to run a little thoughtful risk, but getting caught in a thunderstorm over the bay in a purely VFR aircraft just wasn’t in my plans. Tooled around the sky for a while in my little milky fish bowl and then went over to KEZF for some field work and stopped in long enough to get a few pictures of the local EAA build...a Titan T-51.

Sadly they have never put an engine in the thing so it just sits there. I think it would be fun to fly. If you are ever there stop on in, there is a nice museum that includes a very rare Spad XIII and a few other rare machines. I’ll try for Accomack next week.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sadly they have never put an engine in the thing so it just sits there. I think it would be fun to fly. If you are ever there stop on in, there is a nice museum that includes a very rare Spad XIII and a few other rare machines. I’ll try for Accomack next week.
Googling that aircraft, it's interesting that the most powerful engine option is also the cheapest . . . an LS V8.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
A $160 hanger? How many pairs of trousers does it hold?
It’s a community hanger. There are 8 of us in there. The only planes that really fly is my RV-8A, a Tripacer, a very nice Diamond, a Pitts S2 and a Cherokee 140. It’s actually a really big hanger and could handle more but glad they don’t cause there is another similar size hanger next door with only a Diamond and a Saratoga in it.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Googling that aircraft, it's interesting that the most powerful engine option is also the cheapest . . . an LS V8.
The SPAD had a Hispano-Suiza V8... what are you talking about?? :p

(I know you meant the T-51.)

(I'm hanged up trying to figure out if Frank is trolling Pags or if Pags is trolling Frank.)

hanger-hangar-illustrations-7000-ffe809c04160204ed53df0c633f851b6@1x.jpg