• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Pags

N/A
pilot
It’s a community hanger. There are 8 of us in there. The only planes that really fly is my RV-8A, a Tripacer, a very nice Diamond, a Pitts S2 and a Cherokee 140. It’s actually a really big hanger and could handle more but glad they don’t cause there is another similar size hanger next door with only a Diamond and a Saratoga in it.
Community hanger, eh? So it holds a lot of pants.

Where do you keep your plane?
(Autocorrect isn't helping you ?)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Considering she has never flown with me ever; no pressure!

The first time I flew my wife we were going up to SSI to get some BBQ. My dad still owned the airplane but was out of town for several months and wanted me to fly the plane regularly. I probably hadn't flown it in at least a month (but still legal) and it was a windy day, so I was wondering if it was worth knocking out a landing or two at home first before we were on our way. That thought didn't last long once I started up and we were off.

As I was lining up on final at SSI, I mentioned to my wife that I should probably have done a couple of practice landings before we left.

"Wait, what!?! Why would you say that!?!"

The landing was uneventful, but she still enjoys bringing it up from time to time, usually as I'm on final if we go somewhere.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
The SPAD had a Hispano-Suiza V8... what are you talking about?? :p

(I know you meant the T-51.)

(I'm hanged up trying to figure out if Frank is trolling Pags or if Pags is trolling Frank.)

hanger-hangar-illustrations-7000-ffe809c04160204ed53df0c633f851b6@1x.jpg
Dammit... He got me... Didn’t even notice! Fucking English.. Math degree gets me again.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Community hanger, eh? So it holds a lot of pants.

Where do you keep your plane?
View attachment 26730
(Autocorrect isn't helping you ?)
I was at M01 (Dewitt Spain) for about a month but now at KFYE (Fayette County). Just outside the 30 mile ring of KMEM. I can literally take off and climb up and start trying make my self puke without being near any victor routes. Plus I can be over my house in like 7 minutes from there.

Pags

N/A
pilot
On my woodworking bench.
jack-plane.jpg
Very nice looking No.5. Is is yours or just an image search?

On my work computer I have a picture of a stanley plane inside of a clothes hanger that I keep for such occasions. But I'm on leave and am not getting on to the work machine for jackassery.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Another hot late afternoon flight yesterday. Indeed, it was so hot I just left my iPad at home and went...gasp...”old school.” Flew out to Lake Anna, a nice little airport with an inclined runway and flew a couple of touch-and-goes and then back to KVKX. Here is my typical “entry” to the Grubby Gate at the DC SFRA (not really a gate, more like a 20 mile gap). Off in the distance you can see the Morgantown MD power station just across the river from Dahlgren Navy Base.