• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Another hot late afternoon flight yesterday. Indeed, it was so hot I just left my iPad at home and went...gasp...”old school.” Flew out to Lake Anna, a nice little airport with an inclined runway and flew a couple of touch-and-goes and then back to KVKX. Here is my typical “entry” to the Grubby Gate at the DC SFRA (not really a gate, more like a 20 mile gap). Off in the distance you can see the Morgantown MD power station just across the river from Dahlgren Navy Base.

View attachment 26760
There are plenty of rich Arlingtonians who would pay $$$ to fly them and their bags to Lake Anna on a Friday (and back on Sunday) rather than sit in traffic on 395/95 South. In previous summers, that could add hours onto an already long drive. Of the people I know who have houses on Lake Anna, I don't think any of them have ever heard that flying was an option, but they all complained about the drive.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
There are plenty of rich Arlingtonians who would pay $$$ to fly them and their bags to Lake Anna on a Friday (and back on Sunday) rather than sit in traffic on 395/95 South. In previous summers, that could add hours onto an already long drive. Of the people I know who have houses on Lake Anna, I don't think any of them have ever heard that flying was an option, but they all complained about the drive.
It is surprising how little that airport is used. I think there are two airplanes stationed there. As for 95 South, what a mess! Sometimes I fly over Occoquan just to see the traffic jam at the bridge and feel smug that I’m not part of it. Sadly, my little bird could only take one passenger and their lunch.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I used to 134 1/2 Japanese men to the whore houses when I first moved to Vegas and I was a CFI trying to build multi time. I’d take 3 or 4 of them in an Aztec. Made sure to have a different one in the front right seat for each leg, and had a student too logbook filled out for each. I did 2 or 3 a month.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
(wonders what the black market prices are in contraband stool... and if it would make a good side hustle)
Depends on your gut flora composition, which is a factor of diet and genetics.

There are cases of a lifelong slender woman receiving a stool transplant (for medical treatment) from a chubby woman, and the slender woman became chubby while making no changes to diet or exercise.

Edit, found it: https://www.iflscience.com/health-a...bese-after-fecal-transplant-overweight-donor/