• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What’s so awful about seeking clarity or better understanding in situations like this?

It's possible your tone could have been misread because it's the internet. Don't take it personally. Regardless, take it to the COVID thread.

SlickAg

pilot
It's possible your tone could have been misread because it's the internet. Don't take it personally. Regardless, take it to the COVID thread.
I know you understand that it’s a two-way street given your earlier post directed towards mods.

However, given how some of the mods have acted before towards some of us lay posters, I hope you can see why it is easy for us to believe that the mods seem to “target” posts containing certain ideologies and beliefs.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know you understand that it’s a two-way street given your earlier post directed towards mods.

However, given how some of the mods have acted before towards some of us lay posters, I hope you can see why it is easy for us to believe that the mods seem to “target” posts containing certain ideologies and beliefs.

Yup, I get it. But trying to keep threads clean so that none of the above distracts the (hopefully) intelligent discourse.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I am now about 14 days from positive test results, 13 from noticeable symptoms and 10 days from last noticeable symptom. By any guideline I am free and clear of the virus and have some measure of immunity. Mrs Wink continues to have symptoms, though it is mostly fatigue, loss of appetite and improvement to mild occasional cough. She is 10 days from her positive test and 8 days since first symptom.

You guys on active duty are obligated to follow DOD or Navy procedures. For those of us in civ world, you pretty much are on your own. If you haven’t noticed from just watching the news and casual reading, the guidelines are variable, and dependent on multiple factors. Government restrictions and procedures often don’t track with guidelines. The CDC may be held out as the standard, but there are other guidelines from various state and county health departments and reputable scientific and medical organizations. Take your pick.

Mrs Wink was exposed at a 5 hour deposition. All participants were masked. We followed our state health department guidelines, testing and quarantining. We both got negative results but still stayed in quarantine for the 8 day period specified by the state. We retested and went back to work after the 8 days. Two days later I received positive results and had exposed at least 8 other people. So much for the guidelines. As a nearly asymptomatic individual, if I hadn’t retested I would have continued to circulate and possibly infected others. One of the people we came into contact with tested positive and then two days later negative. She is still asymptomatic.

With Mrs Wink still infectious, I have done my due diligence regarding retransmission, immunity, etc. Again, everything is a best guess with plenty of disclaimers. How long does immunity last? Based on covid 19, no one knows. Based on similar viruses, one month to over a year. Best guess is 3 months but there have been a handful of reinfections out of millions of positive cases. That would be considered statically insignificant in any other case. In Vegas, those odds would virtually guarantee we all became rich. But in the case of covid, the disclaimer is basically, “watch the fuck out”. On retransmission from my wife, same guesses based on anecdotal evidence, statistically insignificant data, or “similar” virus’ but with major variations between them. Surface touch transmission, all over the map, with one notable point. Harding any proof of actual transmission via touch. I am taking the odds. YMMV.

Today I am securing from ‘RONA ISO MOD B. The sooner we are back to normal household life the better. I have even been so bold as to hazard the entire neighborhood by taking Mrs Wink out for a drive with the top down, her wearing N95 mask and me bare faced. We didn’t come within a city block of anyone. I might even take her down to the hangar while I drain that right fuel tank on the Luscombe. I am very sympathetic to people who live in areas with major restrictions. It is no wonder people are pushing back. Unfortunate that so many, in rejecting major restrictions, also set aside simple logical precaution. The chances of an average citizen dying of covid is incredibly small, but no one should want to be off work for two weeks or segregated from family with what amounts to nasty flu symptoms.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope your wife improves soon.

I had it earlier this month. I probably got it from a flight attendant I worked with the weekend before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I spent Thanksgiving with my parents. I started to get symptoms when I was with them and did my best to keep my distance. We had Thanksgiving dinner sitting at opposite ends of the table. Normally we have a big Thanksgiving, but it was just the 3 of us.

The day after Thanksgiving I got a COVID test and a few days later I got the positive results. I sat out the rest of my quarantine in my apartment in DC. Fortunately, I had a friend drop off a shipment of beer.

It felt like the worst cold that I have ever had, but not worse than that. Fatigue, headache, cough, runny nose, sweats. My symptoms went a way about 6 days after the first onset.

My parents sat out their quarantine in their house. They never got symptoms and never got a test so there is no way to know if there were asymptomatic or just never got it from me. The funny thing is, I spent more time and in closer vicinity to my parents than I did with the FA who I assume I got it from.

The company gave me 2 weeks of sick time. I have since gotten a negative test and returned to work. I have also worked with the FA. She is fine now.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope your wife improves soon.

I had it earlier this month. I probably got it from a flight attendant I worked with the weekend before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I spent Thanksgiving with my parents. I started to get symptoms when I was with them and did my best to keep my distance. We had Thanksgiving dinner sitting at opposite ends of the table. Normally we have a big Thanksgiving, but it was just the 3 of us.

The day after Thanksgiving I got a COVID test and a few days later I got the positive results. I sat out the rest of my quarantine in my apartment in DC. Fortunately, I had a friend drop off a shipment of beer.

It felt like the worst cold that I have ever had, but not worse than that. Fatigue, headache, cough, runny nose, sweats. My symptoms went a way about 6 days after the first onset.

My parents sat out their quarantine in their house. They never got symptoms and never got a test so there is no way to know if there were asymptomatic or just never got it from me. The funny thing is, I spent more time and in closer vicinity to my parents than I did with the FA who I assume I got it from.

The company gave me 2 weeks of sick time. I have since gotten a negative test and returned to work. I have also worked with the FA. She is fine now.
Glad you are feeling well. Something we often can not know is exactly how transmission takes place in personal cases. Your cases is an example. Likely vector for you was not as close to you as your family, and they are fine. While I was close to my wife, she sat across a conference table from her vector for hours, wearing a mask in normal conversation. Of all the folks, we came into contact with at the office, the one wearing a mask has gotten both positive and now negative results with no symptoms. so far. It is just another one of those things that is unknown about his virus and makes abatement procedures just a good guess.

Break Break

Streaming in quarantine (hanging with Mrs Wink). Just watched The Spy. Sasha Baron Cohen in dramatic role of Israeli spy Eli Cohen's penetration of Syrian government in the early 60s. True story. Well told.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Streaming in quarantine (hanging with Mrs Wink). Just watched The Spy. Sasha Baron Cohen in dramatic role of Israeli spy Eli Cohen's penetration of Syrian government in the early 60s. True story. Well told.
Somehow I missed that this movie got made.

You might remember The Impossible Spy from the 1980s, same true story and also adapted for a movie.

Be careful when someone, whom you've welcomed into your inner circle, suggests planting trees for shade :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DJI Mavic 2. I’ve had it for a couple years. It does great work.