• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Starting quarantine for real today. Won the "Rona lottery. You active guys having to ROM have some experience here, but this is a first for me. First off, I feel fine. No symptoms except loss of taste. Because Mrs Wink was exposed by her witness in a deposition a couple weeks ago, we had already sat out several days and tested. First test negative. Saturday tested second time and mine came back positive. She is negative. The kidney thing that had me on med leave from the airline for so long makes me high risk, but so far no sweat.

Doing the quarantine thing at home with a negative spouse is a challenge. We have a two story. Top deck is the contamination deck. It is a loft with two bedrooms, two baths, a wet bar, a deck with pool table, fire table and TV. Roku on the TV in the bedroom I am using. After I got the word I called Mrs Wink and she came home to quarantine herself. Before she got home I grabbed a liter of gin, tonic, club soda and a couple more beers for the stocked fridge in the wet bar. Got some micro wave pop corn, oreo cookies, bag of chips, earl grey and green tea. I only realized when I went to make a cocktail a few minutes ago that I HAVE NO ICE AND NO LIMES!!! ? Moreover, I am reliant on her for meals. If she wants to starve me to death now is her chance.

This is my emergency comfort station on day one. Hoping for a vertrep tomorrow.
View attachment 28514
Stay well. There is a lot out there about supplements but I’m no doctor.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Starting quarantine for real today. Won the "Rona lottery. You active guys having to ROM have some experience here, but this is a first for me. First off, I feel fine. No symptoms except loss of taste. Because Mrs Wink was exposed by her witness in a deposition a couple weeks ago, we had already sat out several days and tested. First test negative. Saturday tested second time and mine came back positive. She is negative. The kidney thing that had me on med leave from the airline for so long makes me high risk, but so far no sweat.

Doing the quarantine thing at home with a negative spouse is a challenge. We have a two story. Top deck is the contamination deck. It is a loft with two bedrooms, two baths, a wet bar, a deck with pool table, fire table and TV. Roku on the TV in the bedroom I am using. After I got the word I called Mrs Wink and she came home to quarantine herself. Before she got home I grabbed a liter of gin, tonic, club soda and a couple more beers for the stocked fridge in the wet bar. Got some micro wave pop corn, oreo cookies, bag of chips, earl grey and green tea. I only realized when I went to make a cocktail a few minutes ago that I HAVE NO ICE AND NO LIMES!!! ? Moreover, I am reliant on her for meals. If she wants to starve me to death now is her chance.

This is my emergency comfort station on day one. Hoping for a vertrep tomorrow.
View attachment 28514
"Beer has food value, food does not have beer value." Hope you feel better soon. Saw a tail dragger come into KE25 today and thought, "is that wink?" But I guess not.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks guys. For anyone keeping score, I tested negative on the 12/1. Positive results today are from a test this last Saturday 12/12. I started to lose taste on Sunday the 13th. Hard to say how many days I am into this. It could be a 12 day incubation period after the negative test (prompted by a known exposure to my wife) and just about 3 days active sick. I am moderately careful. Mask up in public buildings, wash hands or use sanitizer after touching surfaces or items handled by the public. I have taken vitamins D, and C for a very long time. Added Zinc back in April. I also take a very small dose immunosuppressant prescription drug. So far so good. Not worried. I'll issue occasion sitreps unless I end up in the EMCON A ward of sick bay.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I only realized when I went to make a cocktail a few minutes ago that I HAVE NO ICE AND NO LIMES!!! ? Moreover, I am reliant on her for meals. If she wants to starve me to death now is her chance.
Look on the bright side. If it kills your sense of taste, at least you don't have to worry about going through the good stuff. :) Get well soon . . .

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You take care Wink, that Luscomb isn't going to fly itself.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Thanks guys. For anyone keeping score, I tested negative on the 12/1. Positive results today are from a test this last Saturday 12/12. I started to lose taste on Sunday the 13th. Hard to say how many days I am into this. It could be a 12 day incubation period after the negative test (prompted by a known exposure to my wife) and just about 3 days active sick. I am moderately careful. Mask up in public buildings, wash hands or use sanitizer after touching surfaces or items handled by the public. I have taken vitamins D, and C for a very long time. Added Zinc back in April. I also take a very small dose immunosuppressant prescription drug. So far so good. Not worried. I'll issue occasion sitreps unless I end up in the EMCON A ward of sick bay.

Get well soon.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am 6 days post positive test. Symptoms have improved, as in I nearly have all my taste back. Still no fever, breathing problems, chest pain or cough. Very mild irritation in my throat. I feel fine. Mrs Wink had retested thinking she had a false negative. Today her retest on Wednesday came back positive. In that time she has developed pretty normal flu like symptoms. She is very fatigued, achy, and coughing. Very low fever and good O2 levels. I am sure she was hoping for a positive test so I could break my isolation from the covid deck and take care of her. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I am 6 days post positive test. Symptoms have improved, as in I nearly have all my taste back. Still no fever, breathing problems, chest pain or cough. Very mild irritation in my throat. I feel fine. Mrs Wink had retested thinking she had a false negative. Today her retest on Wednesday came back positive. In that time she has developed pretty normal flu like symptoms. She is very fatigued, achy, and coughing. Very low fever and good O2 levels. I am sure she was hoping for a positive test so I could break my isolation from the covid deck and take care of her. ?
I wish the best for both of you.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Bummer that she's sick too but glad to hear both of y'all are doing relatively well. Guess you've got the kitchen watch! ? (Imagine this is chicken noodle soup).

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Not sure if it's a good idea for both of you to spend time in close contact with each other just because you're both positive. If either of you is contagious then that could add to the virus load that the other's immune system has to deal with (in addition to the viruses that are multiplying in your own body as your immune system is primarily fighting those). It's one of the theories why some health care workers get really sick. Who knows if it's true or if there is a strong correlation- good data has been, um, fleeting during this epidemic.

Certainly it shouldn't be the sole reason behind any choices and decisions that the two of you make together. It's just one thing to consider. And then again, there have been cases this year when there was a plausible new theory but several examples, of how people either have or haven't got sick, that defied that theory.

Regardless of any theories, all my best to you and Mrs. Wink for a quick return to full health.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure if it's a good idea for both of you to spend time in close contact with each other just because you're both positive. If either of you is contagious then that could add to the virus load that the other's immune system has to deal with (in addition to the viruses that are multiplying in your own body as your immune system is primarily fighting those). It's one of the theories why some health care workers get really sick. Who knows if it's true or if there is a strong correlation- good data has been, um, fleeting during this epidemic.

Certainly it shouldn't be the sole reason behind any choices and decisions that the two of you make together. It's just one thing to consider. And then again, there have been cases this year when there was a plausible new theory but several examples, of how people either have or haven't got sick, that defied that theory.

Regardless of any theories, all my best to you and Mrs. Wink for a quick return to full health.
That was a concern. Did a lot of reading about the theories and decided to break family isolation and set 'RONA ISO MOD B. Am going to continue to hang out on the covid deck and sleep in the guest room. Going down stairs for supplies and to fix Mrs Wink meals. I wear a N-95 when in proximity of her. I can also now go out back and tend to some chores. Fresh air and sunlight is very important. If 'RONA ISO MOD B is invalidated, I'll be sure to let you all know when I rescind it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am now about 14 days from positive test results, 13 from noticeable symptoms and 10 days from last noticeable symptom. By any guideline I am free and clear of the virus and have some measure of immunity. Mrs Wink continues to have symptoms, though it is mostly fatigue, loss of appetite and improvement to mild occasional cough. She is 10 days from her positive test and 8 days since first symptom.

You guys on active duty are obligated to follow DOD or Navy procedures. For those of us in civ world, you pretty much are on your own. If you haven’t noticed from just watching the news and casual reading, the guidelines are variable, and dependent on multiple factors. Government restrictions and procedures often don’t track with guidelines. The CDC may be held out as the standard, but there are other guidelines from various state and county health departments and reputable scientific and medical organizations. Take your pick.

Mrs Wink was exposed at a 5 hour deposition. All participants were masked. We followed our state health department guidelines, testing and quarantining. We both got negative results but still stayed in quarantine for the 8 day period specified by the state. We retested and went back to work after the 8 days. Two days later I received positive results and had exposed at least 8 other people. So much for the guidelines. As a nearly asymptomatic individual, if I hadn’t retested I would have continued to circulate and possibly infected others. One of the people we came into contact with tested positive and then two days later negative. She is still asymptomatic.

With Mrs Wink still infectious, I have done my due diligence regarding retransmission, immunity, etc. Again, everything is a best guess with plenty of disclaimers. How long does immunity last? Based on covid 19, no one knows. Based on similar viruses, one month to over a year. Best guess is 3 months but there have been a handful of reinfections out of millions of positive cases. That would be considered statically insignificant in any other case. In Vegas, those odds would virtually guarantee we all became rich. But in the case of covid, the disclaimer is basically, “watch the fuck out”. On retransmission from my wife, same guesses based on anecdotal evidence, statistically insignificant data, or “similar” virus’ but with major variations between them. Surface touch transmission, all over the map, with one notable point. Harding any proof of actual transmission via touch. I am taking the odds. YMMV.

Today I am securing from ‘RONA ISO MOD B. The sooner we are back to normal household life the better. I have even been so bold as to hazard the entire neighborhood by taking Mrs Wink out for a drive with the top down, her wearing N95 mask and me bare faced. We didn’t come within a city block of anyone. I might even take her down to the hangar while I drain that right fuel tank on the Luscombe. I am very sympathetic to people who live in areas with major restrictions. It is no wonder people are pushing back. Unfortunate that so many, in rejecting major restrictions, also set aside simple logical precaution. The chances of an average citizen dying of covid is incredibly small, but no one should want to be off work for two weeks or segregated from family with what amounts to nasty flu symptoms.