• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
That freaking @ChuckMK23 was right...you can scan pictures using an iPhone 6...I figured @ChuckMK23 was FOS regarding this.

Below...our new hire class at Delta almost 20 years ago...“Class 01-05 marchin’ into chow!”...

NOTE: The first AW knucklehead that can locate the mad dog action figure [NOT A DOLL!] in the scan below [actually, they’re screen shots of scans] gets an electronic NAM.

View attachment 28158

View attachment 28159

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Dang...the local drag strip is closed so I can’t run either of my two craptastic Fords on Friday Nite Tune & Test...so it’s time to bust out the Mattel Hot Wheels portable drag kit...

Ford [Mustang] beats Chevy [Camaro]...nice...

Dontcallmegump

pilot
I think this was at one point the "Show off my BBQ/smoked meat" thread...

Always wanted to try this method to smoke meat, had plenty of time during the after thanksgiving corona-cation. Brought home a roughly 8 lb brisket from the beef the parents raised and used this recipe but added a little bit of local mesquite seasoning salt.

Its the windier season here in corpus and a little cold in the morning, the engineering of my beautiful Traygar Cardboard-line 5184 is impeccable but lightweight doesn't hold heat well. No matter, some high tech, auxiliary thermal retention weaves i had laying around got this bad boy up to temp in no time.

After much of the day and a lengthy rest to reward my patience I wasn't disappointed.

Sorry to all you Texas loving Texans, but this was better than anything I've had around these parts, if I do say so myself. All from a cardboard box...

ABMD

@Randy Daytona I'll foot stomp what you said about don't skimp on the tools and always measure multiple times, especially with these Covid-inflated prices on material. Started on a treehouse for the kids, getting closer and closer to the finish line each week. Now that its getting darker earlier, I'm able to do less and less during the week.

Need to finish framing out the door, caulk the exterior trim then it's time to paint.

Humble beginnings...
View attachment 28063
View attachment 28064View attachment 28065View attachment 28066View attachment 28067View attachment 28068

Finished the exterior, now to give the interior some attention.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think this was at one point the "Show off my BBQ/smoked meat" thread...

Always wanted to try this method to smoke meat, had plenty of time during the after thanksgiving corona-cation. Brought home a roughly 8 lb brisket from the beef the parents raised and used this recipe but added a little bit of local mesquite seasoning salt.

View attachment 28277View attachment 28278

Its the windier season here in corpus and a little cold in the morning, the engineering of my beautiful Traygar Cardboard-line 5184 is impeccable but lightweight doesn't hold heat well. No matter, some high tech, auxiliary thermal retention weaves i had laying around got this bad boy up to temp in no time.

View attachment 28279

After much of the day and a lengthy rest to reward my patience I wasn't disappointed.

View attachment 28280View attachment 28281View attachment 28282

Sorry to all you Texas loving Texans, but this was better than anything I've had around these parts, if I do say so myself. All from a cardboard box...
How'd the bark turn out when you crutched it? Last brisket I did was bare the whole way, and the bark was great, but it came out good, but a little dry. Thinking of doing a pink paper wrap next time.

Pags

N/A
pilot
How'd the bark turn out when you crutched it? Last brisket I did was bare the whole way, and the bark was great, but it came out good, but a little dry. Thinking of doing a pink paper wrap next time.
I did some ribs awhile ago without a crutch and they turned out too dry. I tend to prefer the crutch and I've seen plenty of recipes that have you cook your meat in the oven first and then finish on the grill/smoker. Essentially a super slow reverse sear. My family's favorite ribs by my Mother in Law cook in the oven for hours and only spend a little time on the grill. But they're amazing and never too dry.

ABMD

Did you use a drip pan with water or cider and what internal temp did you pull it? Lots of things could cause it to be too dry. I've never wrapped a brisket, but do wrap my pork shoulders.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
How'd the bark turn out when you crutched it?

Learned a new word today...

Not big on the bark, especially at the cost of a juicy and tender meat. There was plenty of smoke flavor throughout and the thin end caps were saved and snacked on to get the smoked and crusty fill

I often like to throw my own technique in on recipes but I follow this guys stuff almost the the T every time. I haven't been disappointed yet.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Starting quarantine for real today. Won the "Rona lottery. You active guys having to ROM have some experience here, but this is a first for me. First off, I feel fine. No symptoms except loss of taste. Because Mrs Wink was exposed by her witness in a deposition a couple weeks ago, we had already sat out several days and tested. First test negative. Saturday tested second time and mine came back positive. She is negative. The kidney thing that had me on med leave from the airline for so long makes me high risk, but so far no sweat.

Doing the quarantine thing at home with a negative spouse is a challenge. We have a two story. Top deck is the contamination deck. It is a loft with two bedrooms, two baths, a wet bar, a deck with pool table, fire table and TV. Roku on the TV in the bedroom I am using. After I got the word I called Mrs Wink and she came home to quarantine herself. Before she got home I grabbed a liter of gin, tonic, club soda and a couple more beers for the stocked fridge in the wet bar. Got some micro wave pop corn, oreo cookies, bag of chips, earl grey and green tea. I only realized when I went to make a cocktail a few minutes ago that I HAVE NO ICE AND NO LIMES!!! ? Moreover, I am reliant on her for meals. If she wants to starve me to death now is her chance.

This is my emergency comfort station on day one. Hoping for a vertrep tomorrow.