• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Training Locations

FLY_USMC

pilot
No, clarify that with some people want C2, I've never met an E2 pilot who didn't say it was the bastard step-child/bain of his/her existance.

On a lighter note, why are we still coherant? SSSHHHOOOTTTTSS!!!!

HuggyU2

None
RetreadRand said:
See...that proves how much where you do NROTC matters...I have been in for 7 years and did not even know KSU did not have an NROTC unit....
You've been in NROTC for 7 years?? Do you know Mr Blutarsky? C'mon man,... fat, drunk, and stupid are no way to go through college.

pilotvmi

I just dont get why, if you intend on going into military aviation you would spend insane amounts of money on an aviation degree. I also see it as somewhat of an unsolvable problem. It is part of the reason why we have IFS now and I guess that does an OK job of leveling the playing field. But we all know that its not level when a guy with a crap load of hours and all the ratings is selecting with you that week. I know this has been beat to death, I dont care. Obviously some guys with all the prior flight time have the skill sets to do very well in training without the time. But speaking for MYSELF I was much more gratified when I got my wings knowing that I never paid to get my intrument/commercial ratings before I was paid to get them again. And I'm just guessing on this one....the airlines probobly care much more about your accumulated military flight time then a prestigious aviation degree.

S.O.B.

pilot
And I'm just guessing on this one....the airlines probobly care much more about your accumulated military flight time then a prestigious aviation degree.

As long as your accumulated military time isn't in a helicopter, and the best way to prevent that from happening is to have experience prior to showing up for flight school.

S.O.B.

pilot
RetreadRand said:
when you get to your squadron nothing prior to that matters.
You have to bring EVERY day, every duty station and every job. PERIOD.

I would debate that.

I would debate that. You know as well a I do that the reputation certainly precedes the individual and if your a tool in the FRS you'll be a tool the rest of your career.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Some how I opened this thread and now I have to add my pesos...

ZERO.. Yes ZERO flight time before flight school..

Selected jets.. Top 10 Ball Flyer in the Hoov.. IP.. Airline Pilot...

Attitude and hard work goes a long way and an on-wing (who's job unless you suck) to inflate your grades a little can get you a long way.. The Halo effect goes a long way...

Went thru with a ERAU guy who got attrited in T-2 CQ phase.. One of my buds who did better in A-4s that me got F-14s then got a FNAEB for Night CQ in his fleet Sqn.. I think he is now a Drunk living in a double-wide (No offense MB)... There is no TRUE inidicator of one's ability so again.. Work-hard, be prepared, and don't fuck it up... Some of the best are six feet under..

Not sure what my point was except to say that everybody (but retreads) are basically the same in Primary, etc..etc...

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Lets just agree to disagree on this one.

Nope..

Flown with many a student and their mistakes, etc.. were most the time the same thoughout... Sorry but the majority are basically they same with differeent names.. Now I fly with ex-Navy, Air Force, Civ, etc and you know they are not much different than each other also.. Cept the Air Force are pussies.. Did I say that out loud.. Sorry but Average is the norm and regardless most folks are in that catagory!

S.O.B.

pilot
Wishing you had been less of a tool in the RAG S.O.B.? :icon_smil

Do you think maybe this is a question you should be asking yourself????? I'm actually a content member of my original community............. and lucky enough to live in a home that's wheel free. :D Life's good here, thanks.

FLY_USMC

pilot

Well, I flew my last sim with an instructor who told me that a retread in another squadron was probably one of the worst pilots he'd ever flown with in his 30 years dealing with the military.......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let's hope this isn't the norm.....or......we can agree?

S.O.B.

pilot
Not sure what my point was except to say that everybody (but retreads) are basically the same in Primary, etc..etc...

This is simply not true:

Stud #1: Works hard, great attitude, good monkey skills, etc.. Zero experience.

Stud #2: Exactly the same as stud #1 with a 500 hours

Both with the same IPS

Stud #2 will have a higher NSS every time. I really don't see how you could even try to debate this.